Blue Jund

• @bscheidemann kess is interesting. I haven't considered here to be frank. Will definitely remedy that. @Brass-Man i remember you played her at champs. Do you feel she would fit a shell like this?

• @nba84 I'd say the list already has a lot of the key bits that I found were important for making Kess work: the Demonic Tutor -> Time Walk chain, cheap good-on-your-turn disruption like Thoughtseize and Lightning Bolt, and maxed-out Mental Misstep for defending her from enemy Pyroblast and Swords to Plowshares.

Having more free-or-cheap draw like Gitaxian Probe, Gush, and Preordain would be even better, but not strictly necessary.

The only open question I don't have any idea on is "can you cast it consistently." Deathrite Shaman should go a long way there, but a 4-color decklist with 3 colorless lands seems like it could be trouble. You'd have a much better idea than me as to how castable 1URB is in this deck.

• @ChubbyRain I saw you play a similar deck to this on your Twitch the other night Matt. Seemed you were enjoying it and were having quite a bit of success.

I suppose my main comment relates to lack of null rods. Brave thing to do, as I find them to be the only card able to compete with ParadoxStorm.

Let me know your thoughts.
    NBA84

• Played this deck last night against White Eldrazi and went 2-3. Found that I usually ended up way behind if I didn't have a thoughtsieze or bob in my opening hand. I run 2 abrupt decay in my sideboard but might up that number since I'm not sure what to do about reality smasher, and thought-knot seer.

Usually the games I won I was looking to stabilize by turn 3-4 and at pretty low health, but using drs and mana denial on his board was the best way to come back.

What decks have you played so far with this set up so far and what are your thoughts?

• @bscheidemann this deck is not tuned at all towards white eldrazi, as it does not have a representation in the meta.

Having said that, the games I've played on cockatrice vs @Stormanimagus and others that play humans variant, albeit a different beast, relies on dark confidants drawing a few cards and bolts getting rid of thalias.

Any non blue deck is ultimately about attrition and two for ones. That's where kcommand and grudge shine.

Like any vintage deck, you have to tune for the meta. The meta that this deck tries to attack is a shops/big-blue deck axis.

If you do find a silver bullet for eldrazi, please do share.

NBA84

• @nba84 said in 4C Forceless Control:

@bscheidemann this deck is not tuned at all towards white eldrazi, as it does not have a representation in the meta.

Having said that, the games I've played on cockatrice vs @Stormanimagus and others that play humans variant, albeit a different beast, relies on dark confidants drawing a few cards and bolts getting rid of thalias.

Any non blue deck is ultimately about attrition and two for ones. That's where kcommand and grudge shine.

Like any vintage deck, you have to tune for the meta. The meta that this deck tries to attack is a shops/big-blue deck axis.

If you do find a silver bullet for eldrazi, please do share.

NBA84

We had success with Kefnet the Mindful v. Eldrazi specifically. If Eldrazi ever comes back, maybe try Ophiomancer?

• @brianpk80 Or even Bitterblossom

• @nba84

I'm not sure if I missed something, but I don't see Bitterblossom as helpful against. Eldrazi. How do you figure?

• IF Eldrazi were to make an emergence back into the format, I would just use baleful strix.

• I would also add Glissa The Traitor if we are talking strictly an on-color anti aggro card.

• I only bring up white eldrazi because the local meta in Austin, TX had a few white eldrazi decks in the top 8 of the last tournament. I like adding baleful in.

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.