Hollow One

• @blindtherapy I’ve beaten dredge probably 55% so far. Between Trap and DRS after board you have solid interaction and you can finish them off via Wonder quite often. G1 is pretty much a luck of the draw situation though.

• @bleedth3sky I think if you’re going down the Frantic Search route that Riftstone Portal seems like a must have. I would further consider Fastbond to help get enough lands in play to use the untap 3 part.

• Honestly I still think Careful Study is better than Frantic, but with a Manadork it is still a turn 2 play, so who knows til you try.

• @serracollector If we have dorks or moxen out we can make extra green mana with the ubtap even if we don't have 3 lands out right? That's my main thought that it can turn GGBR into draw 2 discard 2 GGGG by untapping lands.

• @bleedth3sky if you don’t have 3 lands the best you could in that scenario is turn ggxx into ggg I think, but maybe that is still ok?

• This is the version I would play today in the challenge if I could:

0_1526134887072_survival.JPG

So far Stony Silence has more impact against the various outcome and storm decks than Mindbreak Trap did. Oath is still pretty rough, you can beat them with explosive Bazaar draws or if a SotF goes unchecked. Could certainly load up on SB Abrupt Decay if we wanted to really beat them but that weakens other areas. I suppose you could change an Ingot Chewer to a Decay, but that makes your land fetching more difficult vs Shops decks.

• @wfain Does Asylum Visitor compare favorably to Dark Confidant? AV seems pretty awesome in Bazaar lists (no personal pun intended).

• @bazaarofbaghdad I don’t think so, no. The goal isn’t to play hellbent. Bob helps keep a few cards in hand to make Bazaar more of a break even. One of the main ways you can lose a grindy game is to run out of cards to activate Bazaar.

• @wfain Of course, but was the madness ability enough to push it over the top?

• @bazaarofbaghdad that would mean we have to have 3 or more cards to get it to work(Bazaar+2 mana, SotF/Faithless Looting and 2 additional open mana). Bob only requires 2 mana and he always does what you want.

• So, just another wild thought, but could Anvil of Bogardan be a viable test over Bob? Digs deep, works towards the goal etc

• re: anvil, then you can play a leovold and lock out the opponent from playing anything but instants during their draw phase.

• @marcb I didn't even think of that but yea, a super aggro deck with a hand lock mechanism as early as turn 2. In that case, I would add 1 cavern of souls in the builds with Dr. Shaman, and Leovold on elf, if Anvil is viable ofc.

• 4-1 today in league. Rebuilt the sideboard to fight only Shops, Outcome, and Dredge. Fair blue decks are basically easy wins (and you can still bring in Leo, Thalia, and Abrupt Decay to help).

0_1526339604658_survival.JPG

Is this deck worth it's own thread and maybe a primer at this point? Is that something people would be interested in? If so I can try to record my replays after I finish a league so people could see it in action (I play on a tablet so the best I can do is record with my phone after the fact).

• I would love to see this in its own thread with a primer, that is what this has more or less become.

• What's your average turn kill? Very impressed with how this deck has developed.

• @dr-j that’s a good question, never tracked it. I know I’ve done it on 3 a ton, and on 2 more than once. It is not uncommon to create a 2-3 turn clock on 1 though.

• @wfain
    I would love for someone to do this deck justice with a primer. Go for it!

• @wfain I would consider lotus petal over 1 of the Elvish Spirit Guides.

Pros:

1. Any color of mana, opens a lot more turn 1 options.
    2. Lowers damage probability on Dark Confidant. 3 damage versus 0 is an obvious difference.

Cons:

1. Affected by sphere and null rod/stony silence.
    2. Can't be searched for via Survival, not sure if relevant tho?

Also, maybe I missed something posted earlier, but why is there no wheel of fortune? Seems absolute bonkers possibilities turn 1. From Anger, and Venges discarded into a handful of Hollow Ones? Or just a simple refill after dropping a handful of mana dorks? At the worst its free Baskings. Seems better than Frantic for sure.

• @serracollector I agree, Wheel is better than Frantic, but I’m not playing that. I had Wheel in the version I went 5-0 with, but I literally never wanted to cast it 🤷🏻‍♂️.

The thing you’re missing on ESG is that it is a 2/2 and it can help you rebuy VV if required. I’m seeing people go deeper into trying to rely on VV/SotF/Bazaar- imo the opposite approach is more valuable- have as many different lines as possible while still remaining consistent in your opening hands.

WAF/WHF

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.