StarCityGames.com Power 9 Series Returns at SCG CON on June 8-10, 2018!

• 0_1519076045494_22bac622-9a1d-4a42-8d47-5eeba5fc760d-image.png
    The Power 9 Series Returns!
    Long before there was an SCG Tour, there was the StarCityGames.com Power 9 Vintage Tournament Series. A full set of the Power Nine will once again be up for grabs when this nostalgic event returns at SCG CON!

Entry fee: $100.00 (Register Now!)
    This is a sanctioned Vintage event. No proxies will be permitted.

For those wanting to play in Friday's Vintage format Power 9 Series, this registration package includes:

• Entry into the Power 9 Series (Friday 10am)

• Show Up & Play! experience

• Exclusive SCG Tour Steel Overseer playmat

• Eli Kassis Invitational winner token

Anyone wanting to participate in the Power 9 Series must register online by Thursday, June 7th at 11:59pm ET or on-site by Friday, June 8th at 9:50am ET. A publicity waiver is required to play.

710 Williamson Rd NE
    Roanoke, VA 24016

Schedule:

Friday - 10:00 AM - Round One begins promptly at 10:00 AM. After eight Swiss rounds of Vintage, all players with 18 or more match points, or tied for Top 32 advance to Day 2.

Saturday - 12:00 PM - Round Nine begins promptly at 12pm. After five Swiss rounds of Vintage, there will be a cut to the Top 8. The Top 8 finishers will battle through three single-elimination rounds to determine the Power 9 Series champion!

Coverage
    Live streaming coverage of the Power Nine Series Top 8 will begin at approximately 6:00 PM on Saturday June 9th.

Prizes
    1st - Unlimited Black Lotus & Timetwister
    2nd - Unlimited Mox Sapphire
    3rd - Unlimited Ancestral Recall
    4th - Unlimited Mox Jet
    5th - Unlimited Time Walk
    6th - Unlimited Mox Emerald
    7th - Unlimited Mox Pearl
    8th - Unlimited Mox Ruby
    Top 16 - $200 SCG Gift Card
    Top 32 - $100 SCG Gift Card

• Iā€™m in this for the Eli Kassis token.

• Less than 30 days remaining to register for any of the events at SCG CON!

Vintage, Legacy, Old School, No Ban List Modern along with an amazing lineup of artists and TONS of other events throughout the weekend!

Look forward to seeing everyone there!

• Thanks for the reminder! I just registered.

• Hi,
    (is this the right place to organize logistics for this tournament?)
    I live in Eastern Canada and I plan on attending SCG CON (mostly for the Vintage tournament obv, but also the Old School tournament if possible!).
    Flying from Halifax, NS to Roanoke, VA isn't a pleasure (Time wise and finance wise) so here's the thing: if anybody is carpooling from North East US to Roanoke, may I book a seat in your car?
    (also looking for a bed in a hotel if it works out)
    If you don't know me, it's okay, a couple players from NYC can vouch for me as a fine guest.
    Any help / advice / suggestion will be welcome, thank you in advance.
    Also, I'm not a Dredge player, if it matters šŸ™‚

• @wadladoudla said in StarCityGames.com Power 9 Series Returns at SCG CON on June 8-10, 2018!:

Hi,
    (is this the right place to organize logistics for this tournament?)
    I live in Eastern Canada and I plan on attending SCG CON (mostly for the Vintage tournament obv, but also the Old School tournament if possible!).
    Flying from Halifax, NS to Roanoke, VA isn't a pleasure (Time wise and finance wise) so here's the thing: if anybody is carpooling from North East US to Roanoke, may I book a seat in your car?
    (also looking for a bed in a hotel if it works out)
    If you don't know me, it's okay, a couple players from NYC can vouch for me as a fine guest.
    Any help / advice / suggestion will be welcome, thank you in advance.
    Also, I'm not a Dredge player, if it matters šŸ™‚

up!
    (yes, I am getting concerned that I may not be able to attend the event if I don't find a seat in a car...)

WAF/WHF