Deck Idea, Would Like to Hear Thoughts

• Hello,
    I stopped playing Vintage awhile ago, not entirely sure on when, mostly because I was tired of seeing Monastery Mentor all over the place. I have just recently noticed that Mentor has finally been Restricted (Thank GOD!!!). So I have been brewing an idea in my head and would like to share it with you, the community, and would like to hear your thoughts. I will also give an explanation as to why I chose certain cards. I'd love to have some feedback on the idea.

Vintage Jund:

Mana (25):
    2 Wooded Foothills
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Badlands
    2 Bayou
    2 Taiga
    3 Grove of the Burnwillows
    3 Wasteland
    Strip Mine
    Black Lotus
    Mox Jet
    Mox Emerald
    Mox Ruby

Creatures (12):
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Dark Confidant
    3 Scab Clan Berserker
    1 Ramunap Excavator

Deal with Artifacts (10):
    4 Null Rod
    3 Kolaghan's Command
    3 Ancient Grudge

Other Removal (8):
    4 Abrupt Decay
    3 Punishing Fire
    1 Maelstrom Pulse

Card Draw/ Tutor (5):
    3 Painful Truths
    Demonic Tutor
    Vampiric Tutor

Sideboard:
    3 Pyroblast
    2 Rakdos Charm
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Nihil Spellbomb
    2 Fire Covenant
    1 Yixlid Jailer
    1 Scab Clan Berserker
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    1 Golgari Charm

So, let's look at this. The deck is very hateful, at least to my standards, for what I imagine is a Shops, Outcome and Oath heavy meta, which according to mtggoldfish.com, that's the case.
    Most of the cards are self explanatory but I will direct you to the Sideboard where most of the spice is. Rakdos Charm, while you automatically bring it in against Dredge because it's Exile effect, you can also use it to kill a Hallow One. Fire Covenant, let's you become a Dragon and kill a bunch of pesky creatures, Golgari Charm, while killing little creatures, is just another card to kill an Oath. As a former Dredge player, I know how bad Cage is, so I completely cut it from decks because I'm aware how easy it is to beat. You may also see my choices and wonder why the splits on Dredge Hate, the answer is simple, to attempt to dodge Cabal Therapy.
    Well there you have it, my take on Vintage Jund, let me know your thoughts and throw some criticism my way, please! Until next time, later Vintage Players!

• I took my own crack at Vintage Jund a while back, it shared some similarities with this list. I love seeing somebody else's take on it!

I'll say that it's super hard to evaluate a list like this. It's so different from the vintage norms that people's regular instincts might not be so effective here. If you start testing this deck and your results differ from what other people (like myself) say, I would trust your results and not us 🙂

Some things I might look at changing?

I don't know how I feel about the Scab Clan, it feels like you don't have a ton of ways to put life-total pressure on your opponent, so the card is just not going to be as impactful as it is in a deck with Delver of Secrets and Lightning Bolt. It's probably still good against Outcome decks specifically, but I don't know if it's a maindeck card or not.

4 Null Rods feels like a lot to me. I'm not super hot on Null Rod right now. It shuts off a lot of cards against Workshops, but a lot of the time the tempo loss of playing the card actually sets you behind, while the Workshop player spends that turn attacking with a board full of large vanilla creatures. Mentor/Xerox style decks aren't even running a full set of Moxes so the effect is minimal. Null Rod is great against Outcome still, but 4 maindeck just for that feels high to me ... your metagame may vary 🙂

Maybe look for some bigger threat to close out the game faster as a 1 or 2-of? I would love a Tasigur, the Golden Fang or Gurmag Angler in this, but I don't know how well Delve is supported here.

In my list I ran Pack Rat to combine with Punishing Fire but that's probably just more of a pet strategy of mine than something really good.

• If I had access to White I'd be playing Kambal over Scab Clan, it's basically a hedge against combo while having relevance Blue decks. Null Rod is mostly there for Outcome and to help against workshops while having all of the artifact removal so that Ravager can't gain value off of the removal or Ballista shoot your creatures in response to removal. A big finisher would be nice not sure which one to use. Pack Rat also seems interesting with Punishing Fire and three main deck Ancient Grudges. As for my meta I was only playing online so that's what I go by.

WAF/WHF