Vintage Lands

• I could see Grove/Fire getting the axe due to the 21 liability, though PFire seems like the most resilient way to end Planeswalkers though.

Thoughts on using the tiny bit of black in the manabase for a MD Demonic Tutor? Seems pretty decent in any match that you'd likely bring Decays in for.

• @hierarchnoble Blue also has Cephalid Coliseum which seems cool. Maybe even Academy Ruins to get those Null Rods after dredging them with Loam.

• Blue also has Search for Azcanta possibly? Helps find Loam and fuel it. Sorry if my suggestions are off base, I just really like this archetype and love innovations.

• I play RGu in legacy, the main reason for the blue splash is academy ruins and engineered explosives.

EE seems great in vintage too

• @hierarchnoble

This is spot on. Realms uncharted may theoretically be intriguing, but there are numerous cards that the deck is already not playing that are far better.

If you want a faster clock -> Crop Rotation
    If you want a 3 mana multi card tutor -> Intuition
    If you simply want a good tutor -> Gamble

These are 3 very clear better cards that serve a similar function and are borderline playable in the deck.

• @vaughnbros said in Vintage Lands:

@hierarchnoble

This is spot on. Realms uncharted may theoretically be intriguing, but there are numerous cards that the deck is already not playing that are far better.

If you want a faster clock -> Crop Rotation
    If you want a 3 mana multi card tutor -> Intuition
    If you simply want a good tutor -> Gamble

These are 3 very clear better cards that serve a similar function and are borderline playable in the deck.

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned gifts ungiven in this discussion.

• @john-cox isn't gifts just even slower intuition/realms uncharted in this deck?

• its similar to realms uncharted but can find loam or another non land card.

• I won a small Vintage event recently:
    http://www.themanadrain.com/topic/2053/7-14-18-m-tg-proxy-vintage-team-serious-open-at-the-pop-shop-results

Also, 4-1'd another one a couple months ago:
    http://www.themanadrain.com/topic/1924/team-serious-open-5-19-18-at-the-kidforce-collectibles-berea-oh-results

I still like this deck, though I kinda want to cut the Missteps.

• Taking this deck for a spin tomorrow at the ELD open. Wish me luck, and a tournament report will follow after.

• Hello,

I have a tried this deck a little bit, just testing it out with a friend but have not tried it on mtgo yet. My question is whether or not the Grove of the Burnwillows are necessary? We found that often gaining the opponent life would matter, as it would make Lage take an additional swing to kill them.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? And if so, is it simply something we have to live with because punishing fire is an absolute necessity?

On mtgo the meta seems to be a lot of URx draw-go decks, not a ton of shops or dredge, survival here and there, almost 0 oath decks, played against it 1 time in the past month. PO exists too, but not in incredibly high numbers, I'm usually the one playing it myself, more often than not my opponent is on a blue deck. Not sure how I would configure the 75 for that, or if the deck would even be a good choice in that field.

WAF/WHF