6/3/18 - Livonia, Mi - Unlimited Proxy for an Unlimited Time Walk

Facebook Event

On June 3rd, as part of our anniversary celebration, RIW Hobbies is hosting an Unlimited Proxy Vintage event for an Unlimited Time Walk (picture in the comments.)

You do not want to miss this.

Store opens at 12pm, play begins at 1pm.
Entry is $25.

Thats right. $25. You can win a Time Walk for $25. And all you have to do is beat everyone else who wants a Time Walk. How hard can that be?

We will play swiss rounds based on attendance, with a cut to a top 8 playoff. The winner will take home a piece of power, like this tournament was going down 10 years ago in the height of our scene.

We are pretty liberal about proxies, but it should be clearly identifiable to your opponent. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Proxies should be consistent and not generate any kind of real or perceived advantage.

We reserve the right to announce additional prizes in the days to come. This is about celebrating our magic heritage and community, and nothing could make us happier than by doing it with a vintage tournament grown straight from our roots.

Awesome work for setting this up Ben. This will great practice for SCG Con

@moorebrother1 I am really excited that Pam is doing this for us.

I haven't been to a Vintage event in a looooong time, but who can say no to power prizes? I'll be coming and try to bring some friends.

@serracollector That would be awesome. It should be a great time.

I haven't made it out in a long time but I don't want to miss this tournament (need to get me a Time Walk again!). Outside of an emergency, I'm going. 🙂

We should try to get a late night dinner set up to bullshit with everybody.

last edited by mdkubiak

I will be there also. Gotta get power somehow

@zodiacboyscout You are going to have to get through me, and this rarely fares well for you.

Holy shitballs! Wish I still lived in Indiana so I could drive up for this. Lots of nostalgia and love for RIW. Best wishes for a great time to all the competitors.

Sorry, I just returned from a trip to Europe the day before and could not make it to this one. Hope turnout was good and that there will be more of these in the future.

How did this one go anyhow?

We had 26 players, and a pretty diverse top 8. I will have results thread shortly

@shaman-ben Cool nice turn out... missing this one hurts.

@topical_island The event was a ton of fun. It would have been great to have you out

Views