PaRUGdoxical Outcome [Outcome Control]

• Hey everyone!
    I've been an on and off reader for quite some time on TMD and now I'm writing here for the first time!
    Since the restriction of the white devil as some might call it, I've been searching for a new pet deck to play and this one might be finally the deck and I wanted to share it. So without further ado:

The list started a while ago when our meta was somewhat Landstill/Shops infested. I didn't have much time lately to play much, so the deck did not evolve that much.

While it is capable of comboing off, like other Outcome decks by just nutdrawing Outcomes into Outcomes, double time walking and beating the opponent to death with elementals while wasting their lands, this deck can grind pretty hard aswell against other control decks, until one finds the spot to "combo off".
    The list originally played Ruric Thar, the Unbowed or Inferno Titan instead of Titania, but she seems to play well with the wasteland effects. She's currently getting tested, so the switch back to the other anti combo/creature beaters might be possible. In that case the original list was running a Mystic Remora over the second Wasteland.
    Daze has been surprisingly great for me as a one off, and the Liquimetal Coating can help randomly destroy permanents or mindcontrol them. This plays well into our manadenial strategy.
    Overall this deck is super sweet and fun to play, especially when you get to sweep a MUD's board in a match, the next round you land a turn 1 Ruric vs combo and finally outgrind a landstill pilot.

Cheers
    Grizzly

• You have to tell me more about Titania. When is she good? When is she bad? What sort of plays do you make to get the most value out of her? I love seeing people winning with cards I've never tried before!

• Are you sure you didn't copy this from Brian Kelly's notebook? This is full of spice, I like it! Thrun is one of my favorite cards and is just hilarious in Blue match-ups.

Is the Coating just to combo with Dack and steal stuff? I kind of feel like that's it's only purpose, which I'm unsure is that valuable. But otherwise, looks fun!

• @enderfall said in PaRUGdoxical Outcome [Outcome Control]:

Is the Coating just to combo with Dack and steal stuff? I kind of feel like that's it's only purpose, which I'm unsure is that valuable.

Probably for Ancient Grudges too, but yeah, I agree. It's the only card I dislike in the list. If it costed 1 and could be fetched with Mage I'd kinda understand it a bit more.

• Hello

I am the original creator of this deck and was informed that the list got published here, so I may offer some insight and answer all questions regarding the card choices. Feel free to ask me anything regarding the list.

@Brass-Man: The slot is reserved for a win condition. Titania has not been tested by myself as of yet, but was my design as well. The original list plays Ruric Thar in this slot and can be switched to either red Titan or Razormane Masticore in the SB. The Idea behind Titania is to offer a very resilient and fast clock that also supports the hidden (but surprisingly effective) mana denial aspect of the deck. While it doesn't close out the game as fast as Ruric does, it is cheaper and much stronger against JTMS and much more versatile due to the land recursion.

@enderfall: I have playtested wih Brian Kellyquite frequently in 2016/17 but this list has not been seen nor influenced by him in any way. This list is the result of MONTHS of intensive testing and crafting and specifically designed to balance out the weakness of Outcome / beat matchups where Outcome typically struggles (most mentionworthy is BUG Landstill and URBx planeswalkers). Coating has several applications, but the most frequent is to steal stuff with Dack. Note that there are virtually no maindeck solutions to creatures and Coating allows Ancient Grudge and Dack to deal with permanents otherwise untouched by the maindeck - or to put it in perspective, Grudge and Dack are weak against creature-heavy decks (except MUD obvi) and Coating extends the "narrowness" of these cards. But I agree, it is a slightly risky choice and in my video (link below) I mention exactly that. Don't forget that Coating allows for land destruction with Grudge/Dack as well, in an Outcome-heavy meta Gorilla Shaman is a nobrainer in the list which further increases the value of Coating.

@fsecco: Funny you would mention that - we discussed how insane Coating at cmc1 would be in this list quite recently ;)

I produce a series of Eternal Deck Design Videos and I discuss this list briefly in this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwSR2rhJbII&index=5&list=PL4u7WCfzMKfqS2ZeQoZTHrUa9LiLeaajq&t=25m12s

Best regards

• @kapitalismus That's cool, thanks for the insight. I was being tongue in check when I alluded to BK decks, so interesting to see that you guys playtested a lot. I didn't see the maindeck Grudges initially, so it's a nice little combo with Coating as well. Gorilla Shaman would be super cool to run. Mental Misstep is omnipresent unfortunately. Maybe it's still good enough in spite of that.

• Hello, with only twelve (12) permanents to pick up with paradox, including four (4) in trinket mage and snapcaster that don't produce mana, how often does paradox actually net you mana? I assume that it's a value-dox more than anything else.

Furthermore this looks like a great place for a Fastbond.

Nba

• @enderfall as stated previously, the inclusion of Shaman is entirely based on metagame. As it stands, I prefer to run 3-4 Grudges in the 75 which bypass the Mental Misstep and are just more versatile because they can catch Null Rod and Spheres reliably.

@NBA84 as a rule of thumb, the first outcome sets you up for the second one, which in turn tends to draw through the entire deck. this is, in my experience, no different from any other outcome lists, those with monolith and opal just do it 1-2 turns earlier with the trade-off of being far less resilient and generally have higher variance. never ever underestimate the power of trinket mage though. rest assured, this deck can go off on turn one too. regarding fastbond, I have actually tested it (back when i experimented with draw7 as well) and usually it's just a win-more kinda deal and often dead when not going off already, so it looks cool on paper but defeats the whole purpose of the list and all in all unnecessary.

• @kapitalismus So the logic is, paradoxical outcome is the best non-restricted draw engine through chaining therefore it makes the cut?

Also i don't understand this sentence specifically '...it looks cool on paper but defeats the whole purpose of the list and all in all unnecessary'.

Arguably the logic of Titania and Ramunap (as the only win con aside from 1x Jace) is absolutely the purpose of the list; both through mana denial and token creation. I dont see how a card that for (G) is a win more and not a simply WIN in this type of deck. Moreover it gets picked up by PO after it becomes redundant.

WAF/WHF