@chubbyrain said in Chubby Streams - 5/14:

Speaking of Tinker, I am eschewing a lot of the most "powerful" win conditions in Vault/Key and Tinker + Robot.

Were there any games where you drew tinker and thought, 'Crap, I wish BSC or vault/key to tinker up here' and if so what would you cut for them?

@khahan I have no Tinker in the deck. I actually was quite happy with Karn in that spot.

@chubbyrain Honestly, the thing I hate the most (and the most unfixable problem with the deck) is how hot and cold the deck runs. Sometimes, you're like "HURR DURR here's Karn->Outcomes", and other times you're "...I have cast 1 business spell, it got countered, I'm drawing nothing but mana".

When you're running hot, you're utterly unbeatable. When you're running cold, it's a miserable experience.

Thanks for sharing these decks. I've actually been working on one similar to your U/W control for a while now; will post a report after the tournament this Sunday.

Someone else 5-0'd with the Esper Karnage deck. That's awesome! Consider giving it a go if you have the cards.

0_1526848809409_53664acf-40db-4869-9d09-356b3c37b460-image.png

I think the only change I made was to cut Tezz, Agent for Karn number 3. I found getting the UB mana for Tezz to be non-trivial and Karn much easier to cast.

One of the changes i've made which I like is cutting the Library of Alexandria for a maindeck Ancient Tomb. You just don't want to be playing a long game with the deck, so just having more ability to just slam Karn onto the table is great.

@chubbyrain If I bought back to vintage online, this really seems like a deck I'd buy into. It looks like a ton of fun. Has Erayo been impressive since your last comment? It sounded like at some point you weren't sure about that.

@neo_altoid Also a fantastic way to save 800+ dollars for paper 😛

@mdkubiak I played Erayo in a build similar to this and it single handedly won me 2 games. She is very impressive and very easy to flip.

Erayo is good against the control and xerox decks of the format. It's bad against Shops, Dredge and Combo. Metagame accordingly.

Views