Team Serious Open Report

• I played in the Team Serious Open for the first time and I managed a 3-2 record. I played a new deck based on Karn, Scion of Urza and Paradoxical Outcome. Since I picked Karn, I cut Mentor and without Mentor I decided to just play Mono-Blue

4 Paradoxical Outcome
    3 Karn, Scion of Urza
    1 Blightsteel Colossus
    1 Tezzeret, the Seeker
    1 Erayo,
    1 Snapcaster Mage
    1 Tinker
    1 Ponder
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Dig Through Time
    1 Brainstorm
    1 Brain Freeze
    1 Treasure Cruise
    1 Merchant Scroll
    1 Gush
    1 Ancestal Recall
    1 Time Walk
    1 Timetwister
    2 Voltaic Key
    2 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Mana Crypt
    1 Sol Ring
    1 Mox Pearl
    1 Mox Ruby
    1 Mox Emerald
    1 Mox Sapphire
    1 Mox Jet
    1 Black Lotus
    1 Time Vault
    2 Mox Opal
    1 Chrome Mox
    1 Mana Crypt
    2 Flusterstorm
    4 Force of Will
    6 Island
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Flooded Strand
    1 Library of Alexandria
    1 Tolerain Academy

Sideboard
    3 Hurkyl's Recall
    2 Reality Shift
    2 Mental Misstep
    4 Tormod's Crypt
    4 Grafdigger's Cage

Round 1 - Rajah playing Shops
    He went first and that pretty much decided the game. He led with a Thorn and I played a land Mox, Crypt. He played Revoker on Crypt which kept me off of Karn. I was flooded with Land for a while and got a top which he played a Revoker and that did it. Game 2, I had a slow start but I got a turn 2 Karn that he played a Revoker on it and I have one construct. He played Traxos and I could not catch up even though the construct was almost be enough to kill Traxos I never saw any business spells.

Round 2 - Kyle playing Pyromancer
    Game 1 I just never got anything going. Game 2 I got Karn to work and we went the distance. Game 3 this is where I see the power of Erayo. She is just awesome. I flipped her turn one and he never recovered. I played a Karn and the beatings were just too much.

Round 3 - Jacob playing Enchantress
    Game 1 was another Erayo flip and I win soon after that. Game 2 he plays an early Mystic Remora, and I play Tezzeret, the Seeker and Time Vault. I played more artifacts which gave him more cards. In hindsight, I should have grabbed a Key then kept grabbing moxes and then ramped up Tezzeret. I got the win with an army of 5/5 artifact creatures.

Round 4 - Matt playing Paradoxical Mentor.
    Game 1, I have a busted hand. I go for an early Paradoxical Outcome for 3 and he forces it. Turn 2 I play Tinker Blightsteel. He searches he library for a solution with a Dig and Preordain and an Ancestral Recall. He did have a Key but no Vault so I get the early win on turn 3. Game 2 he gets the early win with a Tinker for Blightsteel. Game 3 I just go crazy with Paradoxical Outcome on turn 2 and Brainfreeze him for 15. He has about 6 cards left and next turn I play Snapcaster on the Brainfreeze for the win.

Round 5 - Frank playing Lands
    Game 1 This was my first time going being on the play all day. I had a good hand with Library, Tolerian, Sol Ring, Mana Vault, Tinker and Force of Will and Brainfreeze. I made a horrible play mistake that cost me the game. Instead can casting the Sol Ring and Vault off of the Library I just play Library expecting to either get more cards or draw another mana source. He wastes my Library, and I have to Force a Null Rod. I never see a mana source in 5 turns so he does what his deck is supposed to do and hits me with a 20/20. Game 2 was a nothing for me. I just had nothing the whole game.

I really liked this deck. I need to really learn it and make better mulligan decisions. The sideboard was OK but I think 1 or 2 Blue Blasts would be nice and one other bounce spell over Reality Shift, which is really there for Eldrazi, Humans and Shops. This will be my fun deck to play for a while.

WAF/WHF