Team Serious Open - 5/19/18 at the Kidforce Collectibles Berea, OH Results

• @garbageaggro Any reason for adding COF and EW in place of normal win cons?

This feels more natural:

Land (15)
    1x Bayou
    1x Dryad Arbor
    1x Forest
    1x Misty Rainforest
    1x Polluted Delta
    2x Savannah
    1x Scrubland
    2x Serra's Sanctum
    1x Tropical Island
    1x Tundra
    1x Underground Sea
    1x Verdant Catacombs
    1x Windswept Heath

Instant (1)
    1x Ancestral Recall

Enchantment (25)
    2x Elephant Grass
    4x Enchantress's Presence
    2x Energy Flux
    1x Fastbond
    2x Leyline of the Void
    1x Mystic Remora
    1x Phyrexian Unlife
    2x Seal of Primordium
    1x Solemnity
    2x Solitary Confinement
    3x Sterling Grove
    4x Wild Growth

Sorcery (6)
    1x Demonic Tutor
    4x Green Sun's Zenith
    1x Time Walk

Artifact (7)
    1x Black Lotus
    2x Helm of Obedience
    1x Mox Emerald
    1x Mox Jet
    1x Mox Pearl
    1x Mox Sapphire

Creature (6)
    4x Argothian Enchantress
    1x Eidolon of Blossoms
    1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Sideboard (15)
    4x Leyline of Sanctity
    2x Leyline of the Void
    4x Mental Misstep
    2x Seal of Cleansing
    2x Seal of Primordium
    1x Solitary Confinement

• TMD Supporter

Having a mana base that doesn't get wrecked by shops for one. Also, words of wind is a fine card, anyway, bounces your enchantments for first draw when you don't already have more, resets remoras and elephant grass, only requires two colors?

• I like the UG list. I like the earthcraft/squirrel nest combo myself. Also the Herald that makes enchantments cheaper and gain you life is a nice card.

• @garbageaggro Mana base aside (which is a valid point), that list lacks a win turn. Perhaps cutting the black from mine and running RIP instead like the legacy list makes sense. Solemnity is the answer for Remora and Grass which also plays well with Phyrexian Unlife. White adds Sterling Grove which really sets the lock. Perhaps cutting Emerakul from the list and going all in on the Helm makes more sense but given Null Rod that doesn't seem right.

• TMD Supporter

@yayjinaz The UG list goes infinite with words of wind (either with just e wit and time walk) or if you don't have both those cloud of faeries 1 mana enchantments and lands that tap for multiple mana when enchantresses are in play. With infinite mana, then being able to draw you deck, and bounce all your opponents permanents, you still get a deterministic win. I do think RiP + Helm is a cool kill, and if you are not as reliant on the wild growths and stuff for your kill 3 colors might be plausible.

You really need to think about beating shops at that point. I would honestly look at the UW control list from this tournament for ideas. I think energy field + rip is a pretty good out to shops (unbeatable unless they have ratchet bomb?), there are other options but if you are already in on playing Rest in Peace main (yay extra percentage against shops) that seems pretty neat. I don't mind the tutors, but i will say, that i found just drawing lots of cards to be pretty good in UG, and not missing them much. Let me put together a list and think about what it would look like sans Cloud/words of wind/e wit + white cards.

• @garbageaggro Enchantress was my pet deck in Legacy for a number of years, but I had never considered playing it in Vintage. Sweet list, and props for running it! Nice job on the 3-2 finish as well.

• @feldon808 I've been playing it in Legacy for 5 years. The biggest issue with playing it in vintage is that your mana rocks actually hurt your deck's engine even if they speed your actual plays up. It might make more sense to run slim on Power kind of like the vintage Lands deck running just on-color moxen.

Sacred Ground feels like a decent sideboard card with W for land-hate and allows you to be a bit more aggressive, perhaps a singleton Terra Eternal as well if we're running tutors. Land Tax also an option. For creature decks, outside of Elephant Grass, we could try Soul Snare.

Perhaps dropping Ancestral Recall, Time Walk, Black Lotus, Mox Jet, Demonic Tutor, and Leyline of the Void for Mirri's Guile x2, Rest in Peace x3, and Abundant Growth x2 might streamline things.

Other interesting cards might be Field of Dreams, Mark of Eviction (infinite), Seal of Removal, Vanashing, Mana Bloom (infinite), Root Maze.

• I think this might even be better than going with WUG...It's basically my legacy build tuned for artifact destruction. I think Tornado is the spiciest thing since sliced bread. With Solemnity it's Vindicate on a stick...every turn...for free...that's hawt...but it does cost 5...

Enchantment (29)
    3x Elephant Grass
    4x Enchantress's Presence
    1x Fastbond
    1x Phyrexian Unlife
    2x Rest in Peace
    1x Seal of Cleansing
    3x Seal of Primordium
    2x Solemnity
    2x Solitary Confinement
    3x Sterling Grove
    1x Tornado
    3x Utopia Sprawl
    3x Wild Growth

Land (16)
    1x Dryad Arbor
    3x Forest
    2x Misty Rainforest
    2x Plains
    3x Savannah
    2x Serra's Sanctum
    3x Windswept Heath

Creature (6)
    4x Argothian Enchantress
    1x Eidolon of Blossoms
    1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Sorcery (4)
    4x Green Sun's Zenith

Artifact (5)
    1x Black Lotus
    2x Helm of Obedience
    1x Mox Emerald
    1x Mox Pearl

Sideboard (15)
    2x Land Tax
    3x Leyline of Sanctity
    3x Mental Misstep
    2x Mindbreak Trap
    2x Replenish
    3x Root Maze

• @yayjinaz That looks like fun! Do you have it built on mtgo by chance?

• @feldon808 No. I've only got Legacy Elves and Aluren built on MTGO right now, buying a house in a few weeks so money's a bit too tight to sink the $200 in TIX to build this out. This might be a hair too slow as it sits right now it's a turn 4-5 deck to combo off, but playing control elements earlier may smooth that out. This is a list in a vacuum too, I haven't played this build anywhere but solitaire so far. But having played the Legacy deck for years it feels correct solitairing.

WAF/WHF