@ritter I haven't tried riftstone portal, but it seems as good with bazaar as it seem bad without it. It's like an extra land drop when you have an early bazaar into survival. But many times you get to keep a 1 land hand with off-color mox and some mana dork, and with riftstone you just wouldn't be able to do so.

The list I'm running atm is:

0_1534471111074_ee0264da-117e-40ad-8e1f-e911a7c597d0-image.png

last edited by GutoCmtt

@gutocmtt @Ritter
I played with Portal for a while when I first went to 4 Bazaar (somehow I was stupid enough to think 3 was right in my first drafts). It's fine but wildly swingy. I find that this deck is already a bit swingy by nature, so I wanted to mitigate that as much as possible- that meant lessening the amount I rely on the GY to produce value as it is the most likely area for us to be attacked in games 2-3. That's why I moved off Portal, Anger, and why I don't play 4 DRS.

In addition, I think approaching this as a combo deck is incorrect. For me, the value of the deck is its ability to take whatever role is required in a given matchup, or even a given starting hand.

This deck just won the Japanese Vintage eternal weekend asia. Around 170 players

@covetousrat Awesome! I look forward to seeing the list!

@wfain said in Survival Salad:

Not to sure where are the top 8 list as i don't understand Japanese. This is the website
https://mtg-jp.com/coverage/

This is the video for the finals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kmkqq6elJw

Here is the decklist from the deck tech (not the decklist that won):

4 Basking Rootwalla
2 Deathrite Shaman
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
1 Dark Confidant
2 Elvish Spirit Guide
2 Squee, Goblin Nabob
1 Big Game Hunter
1 Kambal, Consul of Allocation
1 Manglehorn
4 Vengevine
1 Anger
1 Wonder
4 Hollow One
1 Tasigur, the Golden Fang

1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Emerald
1 Ancestral Recall
4 Survival of the fittest
1 Thorn of Amethyst
1 Time Walk
1 Chalice of the Void

1 Forest
2 Savannah
1 Tropical Island
1 Bayou
2 Taiga
3 Windswept Heath
2 Verdant Catacombs
2 Wooded Foothills
4 Bazaar of Baghdad

Sideboard:
1 Kambal, Consul of Allocation
1 Manglehorn
2 Stony Silence
3 Energy Flux
4 Leyline of the Void
4 Mindbreak Trap

last edited by guslandt

@covetousrat

So.....Much...Shuffling 🙂 (and great sportsmanship!)

last edited by joshuabrooks

If that's the list, that seems like a very low number of black sources for all of those black cards. Maybe it's okay because they're not part of the main gameplan, but I'd be very concerned about getting my one Bayou hit by a Waste/Strip.

Another interesting point is that this list swaps out a couple mana dorks for more utility creatures, at least compared to most of the lists in this thread.

EDIT: I suppose DRS works as another black source too...maybe this is fine after all.

last edited by revengeanceful

@revengeanceful the winning list cut black/red entirely, and just played 4x Noble Hierarch (alongside triplex(!) Stony Silence main). I think he's probably right, though 0x Ingot Chewer feels awkward.

(I did build this on MTGO, and it's by far the most mind-bending deck I've played in a while. Figuring out your gameplan--much less how it fits with your opponent--is painfully difficult).

last edited by neo_altoid

@neo_altoid yeah, I still make mistakes occasionally and I designed the deck in the first place!

@covetousrat said in Survival Salad:

@wfain said in Survival Salad:

Not to sure where are the top 8 list as i don't understand Japanese. This is the website
https://mtg-jp.com/coverage/

I couldn't find a decklist on their page, but boy is reading the translated page entertaining.

@33:14 I see a Kataki, War's Wage and Null Rod.

Been on the bad side of DRS variance. It's been usually good, but when it's bad, it's game-losing bad. Got some cases today, things like drawing no blue mana And had 1 life (no fetch) and didn't draw any blue source in 30 cards with drs on the Battlefield And energy field in hand, or facing blood moon, not being able to rely on It, or even having the 1-of bayou And no source of some specific secondary color mana. I'd make a 2-2 split of It And birds/hierarch, but it'd require the bayou, And I think ALL things considered It may not be worth It.

@withmk2 awesome! Thank you, and congratulations!

This post is deleted!

@withmk2 Nice! It took me a bit to find you on facebook to ask for it. Thanks for sharing your list. Feel free to hang out with the rest of us when you have the time. Congrats again on the title.

Here's the decklist typed up:

// Survival Salad

// 60 Maindeck
// 7 Artifact
1 Thorn of Amethyst
1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire

// 26 Creature