A few cards that I have been testing recently has been Unsettled Mariner (if you plan to stay Bant (UGW) or 4 color (not red).

With all the force of vigor going around, it sounds like a nice way to protect your stuff.

I'll have to try out scavenging ooze. That completely missed my radar.

I’m currently testing out a 4 Trademage version with no survivals.

@wfain said in Survival:

I’m currently testing out a 4 Trademage version with no survivals.

I played a list a while back with no survival and 8 loot effects. It was very good but would have rolled over to missteps on my loot cards. Bazaar Trademage is an upgrade. I don't know if 4 is enough.

@wfain Interesting take. Do you mind posting a list?

@chubbyrain

0_1562248218995_nosurvival.JPG

Went 3-2 with this. Lost to dredge because Scavenging Ooze is awful and to Citadel Storm because both times I had Trademage and missed the second creature to bring back VV by a card or two. That seems to be the tension in the list. Trademage provides a very good burst but if you miss it doesn't give you the ability to keep looking like Bazaar or Survival would. It's also worth thinking about changing the two off color moxen for Lotus Petal and maybe ESG or even a Worldly Tutor?

@wfain scooze really sounds bad at your list. I forgot to add that I really hate dredge and that I didn't have success with the normal hate package I used to have. Between all forces, missteps, shoals they have an answer to anything we might have so I overhate tô brute force the matchup. Scooze is bad as the single hate card, but before I get to play it I usually play 2 or 3 hate pieces to hold. And after the second hate piece, scooze is the best because it's harder to kill and can hold hollow ones back. But when you have like 4 other cheap hate cards beside scooze, it's really not that great. Possibly not even good 😕

PS: it's good against xerox and amazing against bug aggro and survival. It constantly win games on it's own.

@gutocmtt
I just don’t think it’s that good in general. However, if I were to run it I would also be playing Gaea’s Cradle.

I’ve been messing with several different ideas the last couple days including: Rootwala and VV in dredge (fine, this just isn’t the meta for it), Sphinx of Foresight in a straight UG survival list (interesting, but there really is no reason not to have third color), finally, maindeck 3 Collector Ouphe. That’s really good. Do it. You won’t be upset.

Current list:
4 Bazaar
2 Bayou
2 Trop
1 Forest
7 Fetches (all for forests)
1 Lotus
3 Mox (BUG)
4 MM
1 Ancestral
4 Rootwalla
4 DRS
1 Time Walk
3 Collector Ouphe
4 Survival
2 Trademage
1 ESG
1 Trygon
1 Leovold
1 Wonder
4 VV
4 HO
4 FoW
1 Hogaak

SB:
3 Yixlid Jailer
4 Rav Trap
4 FoV
1 Collector Ouphe
2 Assassin’s Trophy
1 (whatever else you want, haven’t figured it out yet)

I know nothing about survival vintage but your list just looks beautiful. You really know what you are doing. Gz.

Views