Oh, great. You jerks are running Priest now. 😛

@oestrus honestly I was beating dredge most of the time without it.

@thecravenone fantastic!! were you on the Bant version or 4-color?

dredge matchup is a little swingy. I wanted the priests because i wanted to help there and maybe get a few more percentage points against oath. I've found that the die roll matters a ton. Dredge will probably kill you turn 2 unimpeded, but we can also kill around turn 2 or 3 as well with an aggressive draw. Post board, if you don't have a super aggressive hand just having a single trap isn't always enough (especially since i'm off the DRS plan).

I'm probably going to stream a little bit tonight and possibly tomorrow if anyone wants to come hang out! https://www.twitch.tv/kaluma47

Well shit guess I'm buying heirarchs. That 4c list @wfain looks what my list has evolved to minus the quellers and dorks seems real solid.

@kaluma said in Survival Salad:

@thecravenone fantastic!! were you on the Bant version or 4-color?

Playing the Bant list I mentioned in my post.;

Keep or mull, in the blind:

Wooded Foothills
Black Lotus
Elvish Spirit Guide
Elvish Spriit Guide
Noble Hierarch
Basking Rootwalla

I kept and went Foothills into Savanna, Lotus, Thalia, Noble, Rootwalla. He killed the Thalia and I top decked another and won the game on Rootwalla beats.

@thecravenone that 6 certainly doesn't seem good, but mulling to 5 also sounds miserable. If it's those 6 plus thalia i would certainly keep and hope to be playing against blue. As is, probably still a keep regardless. Glad it got there!

@kaluma posted legit 5-0 with the 4c queller list from a couple posts up. Wins against Shops, Storm, 3 Titan Oath, WB hate bears, and Grixis PO/Gifts hybrid.

Has anyone tried Street Wraith in this list? Not really a fetchable target but can help activate Hollow One or dig for needed cards.

Normally not a fan of the whole 56 effective cards list but the card has other utility for the list so I could see it being a role player.

@protoaddct I think you’d have to cut ESG for it, which is bad. And helping Hollow One really doesn’t matter very often since if you use Bazaar he’s free already and if you are on only GG for Survival you generally either have time to set up for next turn, an extra creature where you can search up ESG or a non-green Mox laying around

last edited by wfain

Another 5-0 with the 4c. That’s back to back, and five overall. That version is pretty tight.

4-2 in the Challenge today. Both losses to Outcome. Probably gonna finish in 10th. I don’t think I won a die roll the whole day. I’m at the point where I beat just about everything that isn’t Outcome. I’m even beating Oath a reasonable percentage at this point.
The only way I can figure to be better vs Outcome is to play more Thalia, Quellers, and maybe try to have access to Pyroblast. That, most likely, would require losing black cards, but it would give access to Ancient Grudge and would put Anger back in the fold. Not sure I like that over Dark Confidant and Abrupt Decay.

@wfain is meddling mage a consideration?

@blindtherapy I have though about it before, but never tried it. Maybe it’s better than queller in the specific matchup, but idk

The problem with meddling mage is that you really need 2, unless you immediately follow up with a thalia or null rod.

@wfain I totally read "Quellers" as 'Queers." Wat.

@oestrus lol. I hope I didn’t type that!

@wfain No! It just shows where my head is at. #Pride

Is Sanctum Prelate too far a stretch? It on zero dampers PO I would imagine.

@serracollector can’t do double white without playing a bunch of Riftstone Portal

Isn’t that what gaddock teeg is for. Also what about silence?

last edited by highsididy1
    Views