looking for a weird dredge list-thought i saw it here

thought i saw a dredge list here, think i mentally conflated it with the one from EW europe.

it was something like this:
// 60 Maindeck
// 4 Artifact
4 Serum Powder

// 26 Creature
4 Narcomoeba
4 Ichorid
4 Hollow One
4 Golgari Grave-Troll
4 Stinkweed Imp
4 Golgari Thug
1 Flame-Kin Zealot
1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite

// 8 Instant
4 Mindbreak Trap
4 Mental Misstep

// 11 Land
4 Bazaar of Baghdad
4 Petrified Field
3 Gemstone Mine

// 11 Sorcery
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Unmask
3 Dread Return

// 15 Sideboard
// 2 Creature
SB: 2 Sibsig Muckdraggers

// 4 Instant
SB: 4 Nature's Claim

// 5 Land
SB: 1 Gemstone Mine
SB: 4 Mana Confluence

// 4 Sorcery
SB: 4 Fragmentize

anyone know what this is from, or did i just have a weird dream?

I think your missing some bridges

@serracollector
yes, i think there were bridges. i don't remember where i saw this. likely the unmasks are bridges.

@serracollector I don't know. I recall having a chat with him through Twitch messages in which he told me to cut all my Bridges.

@oestrus said in looking for a weird dredge list-thought i saw it here:

This is beautiful.

What do you find beautiful about this in comparison to some other dredge list? (Not asking to be snarky, I legitimately don't know.)

@oestrus

Bridge is a crutch that just makes the deck easier to play. Most games its actually just a win more.

@vaughnbros furthermore bridge seems to often be dead vs shops, the matchup where one would be relying on it the most

last edited by BlindTherapy

This is off topic, but, could you see running a stock dredge list but with Vengeful Pharaoh in place of Bridge? Possibly Hollow one main? I've never built or piloted dredge.

last edited by John Cox

@john-cox A handful of people were running Vengeful Pharaoh a few years back, but I guess it never caught on. One thing to note is that you really kind of need surprise value to use it against something very relevant like Containment Priest. It's very easy to play around if you know it's coming, so you sort of only get to do it once.You can use it as sort of a The Abyss against Workshop decks (but ... you know ... one that kills artifact creatures), but that might be slow a lot of the time.

@john-cox Pharaoh is very good, but its disynergy with Bridge from Below makes it worse in "standard" dredge lists.

@brass-man You would be surprised how many people miss that a Vengeful Pharaoh is in your GY, and attack into it.

Views