Card Design Thread For Improving Vintage Metagame and Gameplay

Warped Enoptron -
artifact

Tap, exile a card in a player's graveyard: Put target card in that player's graveyard on top of that player's library.

Players draw from the bottom, rather than the top of their libraries.

Manteia

2u - Instant

look at the top 3 cards of target players library and put them back in any order.
Draw a card during the next upkeep.

You may cast Manteia for u if it is cast during any player's end step.

Kioku-no-ouchi

(b/w) (b/u) b
enchantment

Cumulative Upkeep: 1 life

If an opponent would tap a permanent for mana, that opponent loses life equal to that amount of mana and you gain that much life. Then that opponent adds that amount and type of mana to their mana pool.

When Kioku-no-ouchi leaves play, draw a card.

@brianpk80 as the land has basic types the ability to cost life doesn't do anything(or rather, it's all upside, since you can pay life if you want to for some reason but can use it painlesssly if desired)

i would probably play protection from abuse in dredge tbh, assuming it works as intended. as written i think it doesn't trigger on the thing that puts it in.

@Griselbrother cemetary peacekeeper is basically just a 2/2 flash for 0 with upside in all matchups except maybe shops, it's so good. the rest are of course just 0 mana "win the game vs dredge/shops"

last edited by BlindTherapy

@opical_Island No-ouchi is a Manabarbs on crack. Way too good.

@serracollector I think it's too good too. Maybe if it cost BBB it might be interesting, or cumulative upkeep 2 life. On the other hand, saying something is a better manabarbs is hardly an indictment of brokenness 😉

last edited by Topical_Island

@blindtherapy said in Card Design Thread For Improving Vintage Metagame and Gameplay:

@brianpk80 as the land has basic types the ability to cost life doesn't do anything(or rather, it's all upside, since you can pay life if you want to for some reason but can use it painlesssly if desired)

i would probably play protection from abuse in dredge tbh, assuming it works as intended. as written i think it doesn't trigger on the thing that puts it in.

@Griselbrother cemetary peacekeeper is basically just a 2/2 flash for 0 with upside in all matchups except maybe shops, it's so good. the rest are of course just 0 mana "win the game vs dredge/shops"

Haha yes I agree. I just wish they would print some innovative cards to fight shops, so that you don't have to play blue decks to have a chance.

@griselbrother blue decks would just play these cards too

@blindtherapy said in Card Design Thread For Improving Vintage Metagame and Gameplay:

@griselbrother blue decks would just play these cards too

Sure, but that's not really the point.

Cardname

Instant U

Name a card then reveal the top card of your library. If its the named card draw 2 cards, otherwise draw 1 card

This is a less broken version of mise that might help fair blue decks.

last edited by John Cox
    Views