@wfain

@wfain said in [M19] Desecrated Tomb:

some sort of dredge-shops hybrid list

You're a terrifying person, you know that, right?

If a token goes to the graveyard it changes zones and once it's in the grave, then it ceases to exist. Wouldn't 'ceases to exist' imply the token was in the grave and left?

It's a stretch but "leave your graveyard" is strange wording. I can see how this would create infinite loops if you had something like Heartless Summoning in play which again makes me think this can't work with tokens hitting the grave.

110.5f A token that’s in a zone other than the battlefield ceases to exist. This is a state-based action; see rule 704. (Note that if a token changes zones, applicable triggered abilities will trigger before the token ceases to exist.)

704.5d If a token is in a zone other than the battlefield, it ceases to exist.

@chase_dagger Tokens aren't cards.

Also, this card seems a lot worse when you realize it is a "one or more" trigger. Alas, no army of bats from a Tormod's Crypt activation.

@cutlex also only one bat for a RiP trigger, and none for the cards it exiles when it's in play as they never hit the yard

@cutlex Yep overlooked the word card.

@hierarchnoble @wfain I swear to you I have played Workshop Dredge on stream before.

"This card would go great in my Workshop Dredge deck" is a phrase I never thought I'd be saying. But here we are.

last edited by Brass Man

@brass-man I have played it too. probably a different list though.

@brass-man do you think this card could give that idea some new life?

This is a pretty horrible card. Definitely not Vintage playable.

Views