@cutlex

Don't be too sure, workshop now has Foundry inspector and that new bird 4 mana 2/2c flying, that reduces Karn AND Traxos and everything. Which is also great for evasion to put arcbound counters on.

Workshop is looking at so many tools right now its crazy. Theres also those forgotten vehicles and scrap trawler and heart of kiran and smuggler copter, sorcerous spyglass.

last edited by YakuzaXRock

@yakuzaxrock said in [M19] Meteor Golem:

@cutlex

Don't be too sure, workshop now has Foundry inspector and that new bird 4 mana 2/2c flying, that reduces Karn AND Traxos and everything. Which is also great for evasion to put arcbound counters on.

However, thats a BODY if dack fayden gets a hold of it the next turn...

@moorebrother1 I Agree wholeheartedly that spicy mustard is much better than yellow mustard on most, if not all lunchmeat-based sandwiches. And Ashen Rider is better card choice than Meteor Golem in Oath of Druids decks. Glad we're both on topic 🙂

Am I the only person who hates that art?

In mono black lists in other formats it is a card that kills enchantments. I cannot think of any other valid justification for it, and even that is shallow.

If there was a card that shops could not deal with that actually shut down shops this could maybe stop it, but if that card existed shops would not be what it is today to begin with, assuming this even could be the answer for it at 7 mana. Even as a sideboard option in shops list against very narrow things like show and tell it feels utterly underwhelming.

@moorebrother1 I think you misinterpreted my intent: there's no reason Oath of Druids would ever want to run this card, but it's a prime target for Meteor Golem.

@cutlex I got it. And you are correct. This card is not very good in general. It may see play in Modern but not in Vintage.

I don't think there's any instance this is better than Spine of Ish-Sah. Maybe if it had flying?

last edited by fsecco

@fsecco It's cheaper under Thorn?
But also, yes.

This card is EDH chaff, but I do find it very interesting that R&D went out of their way to prevent the Golem from destroying lands. Apparently they consider Stone Rain overpowered even at seven mana...

Views