https://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/the-rumor-mill/795013-amulet-of-safekeeping

Another card that is versatile against a large spread of decks.

Turns off Thopter tokens
Turns off certain storm mechanics (I assume this is a plant against Storm in modern who need grapeshop or goblin tokens to get you)
Can buy a turn against dredge tokens
Can hinder walkers and the like from targeting you

Overall does not seem super strong on its own but it does feel like enough of a tax that it could see play out of the board.

Oh my lord: Oath Triggers, Hurkyl's Recall, protection from being pinged by Walking Ballista . . . it's only a speed bump but lots of implications.

hitting oath triggers is true, but since people usually have mana on their upkeep the fact that it hits orchard triggers is what matters more in the matchup.

@blindtherapy Thank you for pointing that out! Hella saucy.

@blindtherapy said in [M19] Amulet of Safekeeping:

hitting oath triggers is true, but since people usually have mana on their upkeep the fact that it hits orchard triggers is what matters more in the matchup.

And in particular, this is not always in your favor: it can stop your getting a token on a turn the opponent taps out (for Oath, say) but also lets your opponent tap Orchard for free with impunity.

@evouga if you have this in play the tokens weren't going to be doing much besides block

Doesn't this just flusterstorm tendrils? Each copy costs 1 more?

@thewhitedragon69 as it been mention in other places with regards to modern storm, it doesn’t interact with the mana acceleration or tutor chain so they just get an answer along the way.

@benjamin_berry I think this has applications in modern...pyromancer, mentor, souls, balista, burn, storm. I don't know if it's great anywhere else and I think damping sphere may just be better in all formats.

@thewhitedragon69 I was thinking how Storm would just get a chain of vapor or outcome would hurykle you. It’s not like you can flash it in with the storm trigger on the stack

I think it's nice because it also stones Duress effects that a Storm player might deploy early. And it also stones Tendrils and Empty.

@benjamin_berry Right, but if you have any control to stop their bounce...it's not like modern storm has anything but remand. Damping sphere is probably just the better card all around - and that hasn't done squat in any format either.

Views