4 Cavern of Souls
2 Badlands
2 Volcanic Island
4 Mana Confluence
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Wooded Foothills
4 Scalding Tarn

Sideboard
1-2 Dread of Night (Experienced opponents will board in their Containment Priests)
4 Mental Misstep
1 Tormod's Crypt
3 Containment Priest
5-6 slots that depend entirely on the meta you expect

Brown and Oath are mostly blowouts in your favor. Some combos are rougher than other. If they need to draw cards to combo out, maindeck Chains hurts. Nihil Spellbomb, Tutors, and Welders main give you a respectable g1 vs dredge. Priests aren't quite enough. White Eldrazi wrecks you since you can't really compete with large critters and first-strikers. Pyrokinesis probably deserves some mention there for hosing things named Thalia as hard as it does. Is that enough? Dunno since I've never seen if/how they deal with Krenko. Just be sure to board in Missteps and save them for Mother of Runes and StP on Krenko.

@AmbivalentDuck

I haven´t proxied up and played your list, so I cannot comment on most of it, still:

Is it worth stretching the manabase to side in containment priest? I have decided against it and to run grafdigger´s cages instead. Both of them have some dissynergy with your welders, but priest also hoses lackey. When your game-plan involves dacking and welding, that should pull you powerfully in the direction of cage and other artifacts for dredge hate.

I believe Krenko is win-more in more tribe-centric goblin decks. Are you sure it isn´t here?

Have you considered siding into ringleaders and an otherwise more traditional build? In my limited experience against white eldrazi, the match-up becomes favorable if you can go on top of them with removal and draw.

Should Trike be considered over other bots? Mud is running 4 now, and true the have ravager things to do with it, but still seems better for these token decks. Also have you considered Kolaghans Command? Its a 2 for one or better with all dudes your running, dudes against you, mud, the discard effects of dack and chains, and its really powerful off a Darkdweller.

@AmbivalentDuck Is there any non-anecdotal data where entry fees are at stake that this deck is good?

last edited by BazaarOfBaghdad

@Recklessmbermage Cages over Priest is a thing, BUT you're playing a Goblin deck. Nobody really expects you to cast a Priest. Even if you name human with your cavern. Yeah, Cage is probably the better card if you have to share your list.

Krenko is not win-more as I have no other credible way to beat Eldrazi without an active Welder.

I didn't. I didn't think I had enough SB space.

@Serracollector I can see Trike > Wurmcoil. It's almost certainly the better game 1 Tinker target. There might be some argument for Razormane Masticore as well.

@BazaarOfBaghdad No. I live in upstate New York which appears to be a Vintage dead zone. I refuse to pay to rent digital cards while Cockatrice is free. If MTGO was a sale and not a rental, I'd think harder about buying in.

@Topical_Island so I take it you're not oathing into griselbrand.

@Islandswamp said:

@Topical_Island so I take it you're not oathing into griselbrand.

We're happy to take losses to any deck tuned to beats Goblins. If somebody runs Sphinx in a meta full of StP, we're happy to lose to them.

@Islandswamp Who knows what I'm Oathing into... I usually run a creature package that include 1 Gris and 1 or 2 other things, often Emrakul, and more recently Salvagers because, seriously, that stuff is just really good.

Views