Bazaar Control! 2018

• This is the deck ive built and fine tuned over the years (thanks to all who had the patience to play vs me and all who helped tune!), first inspired by alejandro escribano's infestation control.
    This deck is massively great at controlling and drawing cards with tons of different ways to play:

// 60 Maindeck
    // 8 Artifact
    1 Black Lotus
    1 Mox Sapphire
    1 Mox Jet
    1 Mox Emerald
    1 Mox Pearl
    1 Mox Ruby
    1 Sol Ring
    1 Mana Crypt

// 8 Creature
    4 Squee, Goblin Nabob
    1 Monastery Mentor
    2 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
    1 Blightsteel Colossus

// 17 Instant
    4 Force of Will
    1 Ancestral Recall
    1 Gush
    1 Dig Through Time
    3 Intuition
    4 Mental Misstep
    1 Punishing Fire
    1 Brainstorm
    1 Ancient Grudge

// 18 Land
    4 Bazaar of Baghdad
    4 Volcanic Island
    1 Polluted Delta
    1 Scalding Tarn
    1 Flooded Strand
    3 Grove of the Burnwillows
    1 Tundra
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Strip Mine
    1 Wasteland

// 4 Planeswalker
    4 Dack Fayden

// 5 Sorcery
    1 Time Walk
    1 Gitaxian Probe
    1 Treasure Cruise
    1 Tinker
    1 Life from the Loam

// 15 Sideboard
    // 1 Artifact
    SB: 1 Tormod's Crypt

// 13 Instant
    SB: 3 Ancient Grudge
    SB: 4 Pyroblast
    SB: 1 Ray of Revelation
    SB: 2 Red Elemental Blast
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Tragic Lesson

// 1 Sorcery
    SB: 1 Balance

I could write a really long book about this deck, but you who have seen it in action knows what it does. It has a ton of options how to play, and after sb it of course gets more interesting depending what graveyard hate the other player puts in and what you then should take out.

I've tested a ton of different build variants, more counterspells with Baral, chief of compliance without dack fayden, black color with demonic tutor and other stuff but this version is the best and most powerful.

This deck mainly plays intuition turn 1-2 (with or without moxes) finding whatever you need in 3 ancient grudges vs workshop and/or fayden their creatures to have them block each other, a punishing fire vs aggro, life of the loam + strip anything. Oath where you intuition for ray of revelation. It has a solid paradoxical outcome matchup as it counters everything with pyroblasts and steals/destroys artifacts and wins in the end.

Depending on your meta you can adjust the sideboard against aggro with firespout, swords to plowshares or more punishing fires or dredge cards.

• @yakuzaxrock I don’t think you mentioned it- have you tried AK? Seems pretty reasonable here

• Yes i tested AK with Baral, it was terrible for many reasons. First it was just really weak. Then Especially with sphere effects out there.

Its a better idea with squee that flows under the sphere effects, uncounterable as well as recurring draw

• Leovold is handled by rebs.

It's possible with a black splash for rakdos charm and or toxic deluge, demonic tutor. Ive also tried young pyromancer and even though its good with punishing fire it just doesnt cut it.

The idea is to use life loam, up some squees from there or get delve with it, use jace with surgical in dredge matchup and lots of stuff. Brainstorm has a lot of tricks.

• This looks really sweet! I love people finding uses for Bazaar outside of Dredge. This might be super obvious but I assume a Dragon finish in place of your current win condition would not be good?

• @hrishi
    I have not tested any dragon at all, that might be possible. Another possibility in many game situations!

• Heres a REAL dragon, even before magic was invented! (or the internet and computers got started) And done live in a championship with nerves too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMe-hvCwTRo

(off-topic)

• @yakuzaxrock you know... I played an intuitive sacrifice against the former world champ... no big deal.

Then this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjEmquJhSas

There is always a bigger dragon round the next bend.

• Ok this is the updated and final version:

// 60 Maindeck
    // 8 Artifact
    1 Black Lotus
    1 Mox Sapphire
    1 Mox Jet
    1 Mox Emerald
    1 Mox Pearl
    1 Mox Ruby
    1 Sol Ring
    1 Mana Crypt

// 8 Creature
    4 Squee, Goblin Nabob
    1 Monastery Mentor
    2 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
    1 Blightsteel Colossus

// 17 Instant
    4 Force of Will
    1 Ancestral Recall
    1 Gush
    1 Dig Through Time
    3 Intuition
    4 Mental Misstep
    1 Punishing Fire
    1 Brainstorm
    1 Ancient Grudge

// 18 Land
    4 Bazaar of Baghdad
    3 Volcanic Island
    1 Polluted Delta
    1 Scalding Tarn
    1 Flooded Strand
    4 Grove of the Burnwillows
    1 Tundra
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Strip Mine
    1 Wasteland

// 4 Planeswalker
    4 Dack Fayden

// 5 Sorcery
    1 Time Walk
    1 Gitaxian Probe
    1 Treasure Cruise
    1 Tinker
    1 Life from the Loam

// 15 Sideboard
    // 1 Artifact
    SB: 1 Tormod's Crypt

// 13 Instant
    SB: 2 Ancient Grudge
    SB: 4 Pyroblast
    SB: 1 Ray of Revelation
    SB: 3 Red Elemental Blast
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Punishing Fire

// 1 Sorcery
    SB: 1 Balance

1 more punishing fire with different mana base, as its good vs stax and small critters, and works with loam.

• I like this deck! Drawing more cards than your opponent is always fun. 😉

I wonder, could you cut one of the Squee's? Since you have Intuitions to find them. Also, the sideboard seems soft against Dredge, are the Surgical's enough?

• Yeah hmm.

Well Ive tried more or less squees with the same idea, and also more or less bazaars. But actually you often end up bazaaring or Faydening to find squees, its good to have 4 you do want them. You'll see when you play the deck. Also opponents will counter intuition when they know your deck.

Yeah a little soft vs dredge, you wanna hold them off with waste+strip til you get jace+´surgery combo going. If you have a lot of dredge in your area you can change it for meta of course as anything.

WAF/WHF