Chrome will soon begin marking sites without HTTPS as insecure. Safari already gave me a popup on login that TMD is insecure. While I don't really care about the possibility of someone sniffing my TMD password, these things could drive away new users.

Certificates may now be obtained for free using Let's Encrypt. The additional server load is negligible.

I was about to message Brass man about this a couple days ago when I noticed but figured he's got it on his list of things to do somewhere. Come to think of it, I believe there is a list somewhere on TMD..

@thecravenone Users tend to use the same passwords for multiple sites as well. With a breach to this site could cause some headaches for those users.

This actually has been on my list ( which is public and located here! https://trello.com/b/xyvw3uHx/the-mana-drain ) but threads like these help me prioritize what's next.

Believe it or not I paid for an SSL cert over a year ago and was simply never able to get it working with the software 😛 hopefully Let's Encrypt has a less obtrusive installation process and I'll see what I can do.

Wait, what? emoji? I seriously don't remember adding that. 🏆 💯 🔥 🤦

Views