Bad store in the community

• https://i.redd.it/j1bpryk3dl811.jpg

Found, apparently, at Store of Fire and Dice on Long Island.

This cannot be part of the Vintage Community. I know they have run events in the past. I recommend that anyone who goes there stop, unless there's any proof this wasn't ownership putting this up, and they have disciplined whoever did.

• also, not 100% this is the right forum.

• @neo_altoid been to that store once but never played at it.....comic book depot is my go to.

• What do you know about this store and sign?

• @neo_altoid said in Bad store in the community:

https://i.redd.it/j1bpryk3dl811.jpg

Found, apparently, at Store of Fire and Dice on Long Island.

This cannot be part of the Vintage Community. I know they have run events in the past. I recommend that anyone who goes there stop, unless there's any proof this wasn't ownership putting this up, and they have disciplined whoever did.

I wouldn't go spreading that around unless I knew for a fact that the store did it. That is just too easy for anybody on reddit to create and post and 'claim it was at the store and put up by the owners.

Honestly, this is a very irresponsible post.

• @khahan Bit late for that...

https://twitter.com/SaffronOlive/status/1015733170522742786?s=19

Edit: If you read through the reddit or twitter threads, it leaves you with an pretty uncomfortable "alt-right" or "white nationalist" vibe, of which this picture is just a part.

• I'm a long Island local, the store is run by a dude who has done/said some really awful stuff. He has been under scrutiny from WOTC in the past for saying/posting sexist stuff and I wouldn't be surprised if he has his wpn revoked soon. He's been downgraded in terms of product he's allocated. There have been multiple thefts of decks at the store and he has been little to no help other than a few loud words and no action, his video cameras don't record mind you. Several people who played at the store have been drummed out for cheating in smaller events so they don't get as much of a expose as they should. He doesn't care as long as he makes money. He is one of 2 stores in Nassau that run vintage events. One of the more recent events he tried to run, he purposely scheduled it on a day to compete with the other store that had already scheduled their event on that day, an obvious dick move, then no one showed up unsurprisingly because they guy is a wretched person that few if anyone actually wants to be around.

• @neo_altoid said in Bad store in the community:

also, not 100% this is the right forum.

I think, perhaps, identifying places where members of our community may be unwelcome and unsafe, and identifying which stores support us and which actively harm us, is perhaps the best possible use for the Community subforum.

@khahan said in Bad store in the community:

I wouldn't go spreading that around unless I knew for a fact that the store did it. ... Honestly, this is a very irresponsible post.

I totally get where you're coming from here. It's very easy for this sort of thing to become a witch hunt - and if the initial post had stood on its own, it could have absolutely been a good shop with one asshole kid and a sharpie.

Luckily I think the TMD community as a whole is rational enough to dig a littler deeper before getting out the torches, and in this particular case it didn't take much digging to figure out that this was an actual witch worth hunting.

WAF/WHF