TMD Vintage Magic Podcast - e1: Brian Kelly

@necrogeist I am pretty sure the tool he is using actually does do this. It must have been a bad mic on Brian's end?

Correct, I have two separate audio tracks. However I'm brand new to audio processing, so if you have any (very specific) advice on how to improve the quality, I'm all ears (and I can release a "remastered" version)

I enjoyed recording the podcast and was honored to be invited. Thank you to Andy and everyone who left positive comments. 🙂

@brass-man said in TMD Vintage Magic Podcast - e1: Brian Kelly:

Correct, I have two separate audio tracks. However I'm brand new to audio processing, so if you have any (very specific) advice on how to improve the quality, I'm all ears (and I can release a "remastered" version)

One of the easiest ways is to host a private YouTube broadcast and then export that to MP3 for editing in bumper musak, etc.. This used to be Hangouts on Air I believe but is now folded into YouTube.

This is how we produced TuskTalk for those who listened (RIP).

Awesome initiative. I'll try to make some time to listen to it soon.

I really hope you manage to make it so that I can listen to them in my podcast app soon. But I think you made the right choice in just getting it out there first.

The podcast has been submitted to iTunes, but my understanding is that the approval process can take anywhere from a day to over a week. I'll let people know if and when it's accepted

@brass-man Itunes also kinda sucks. @thecravenone has our podcast on there, but roughly half of the episodes never show up on my phone.

last edited by Stuart

@stuart said in TMD Vintage Magic Podcast - e1: Brian Kelly:

@brass-man Itunes also kinda sucks. @thecravenone has our podcast on there, but roughly half of the episodes never show up on my phone.

FWIW, this is something on your phone causing the problem. Every time it doesn't show up on your phone, it shows up in iTunes, on the Apple website, and in non-iTunes podcast apps.

@thecravenone You’re correct. Unfortunately, though, if the goal is to get people listening, that’s still problematic; anecdotally, it seems like there’s a significant population of people who ONLY listen to podcasts via their IPhone app (myself included), and if episodes don’t show up on their phones, they probably stop bothering.

This isn’t intended to blame you, Sam; I think it’s something wrong on Apple’s end. And I’m kinda just diving into it here as something for @Brass-Man to be aware of.

@stuart said in TMD Vintage Magic Podcast - e1: Brian Kelly:

there’s a significant population of people who ONLY listen to podcasts via their IPhone app (myself included)

Likewise. I only listen to podcasts on my phone while I'm commuting.

I'm only aware of iTunes as a vector for getting the podcast onto people's apps. Is there some better alternative?

@brass-man I know there is the "Stitcher" App - it's referenced at the end of some of the podcasts I listen to (e.g., "Find this podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, and wherever else you find your podcasts"), but I'm not sure if there's a separate submission/aggregation process for that app.

I'm only aware of iTunes as a vector for getting the podcast onto people's apps. Is there some better alternative?

To submit to iTunes, you submit an RSS feed. That RSS feed may be used by any app. (Though being listed in iTunes certainly helps people find you)

iTunes has a feed-checker you can use that you'll have to pass before they let you submit your cast.

HTTP?

@nedleeds said in TMD Vintage Magic Podcast - e1: Brian Kelly:

HTTP?

IETF RFC 1945? From 1996? Nah. That shit's outta date.

@brass-man it showed up for my on the iTunes podcast app on my iPhone.

G

@thecravenone said in TMD Vintage Magic Podcast - e1: Brian Kelly:

To submit to iTunes, you submit an RSS feed. That RSS feed may be used by any app. (Though being listed in iTunes certainly helps people find you)

iTunes has a feed-checker you can use that you'll have to pass before they let you submit your cast.

So am I right in concluding that this means there already is an rss feed? If so, what is it so that I can add it to my podcast player.

I use PocketCasts on my android phone, and the podcast is there YAY!

Same for me, using Overcast on iOS. Excited to give it a listen!

Views