[GOR] Thousand-Year Storm

• alt text

Seems almost playable in a storm variant. Though the red+blue manacost could be limiting.

• TMD Supporter

Wow, if there is an EDH flusterstorm battle with this on the table, I might have to quit magic.

[Or maybe they will start printing instant/sorcery tokens]

• I'm glad someone at Wizards finally honored community requests for Healingsalvestorm, Manaclashstorm, Warpworldstorm AND Icationtownstorm. It is about. Damn. Time.

• @joshuabrooks The worst part about this card is that it counts only instants and sorceries, rather than all spells. So you now need to track two different storm counts: vanilla storm, and spell storm. Spells with storm, like Flusterstorm, will then create (vanilla storm count) + (spell storm count) copies. (As usual, the copies contribute to neither storm count.)

They should have just printed "Instants and sorceries you cast have storm."

• @evouga said in [GOR] Thousand-Year Storm:

@joshuabrooks The worst part about this card is that it counts only instants and sorceries, rather than all spells. So you now need to track two different storm counts: vanilla storm, and spell storm. Spells with storm, like Flusterstorm, will then create (vanilla storm count) + (spell storm count) copies. (As usual, the copies contribute to neither storm count.)

They should have just printed "Instants and sorceries you cast have storm."

No need to count 2 storm counts because this wont see play in Vintage. Unfortunately. Still, the idea of a turn with this in play going gitaxian probe, gush, ancestral, time walk, snap-caster into time walk is enough to make me do the Balki Bartokomus Happy Dance.

• @khahan

Not that this is what you'd want to do if we had unrestrictions, but if you had unrestricted Gush and Probe, you'd be pretty close to "Draw your deck" if you resolved this.

• And would just need 4 bolts as the finisher.

WAF/WHF