[GOR] Ral, Izzet Viceroy

• 0_1537279118297_19d42d37-8b18-4c52-aece-6d20723ab27f-image.png

I have been looking at this card for a while and it dies to Pyroblast, which is bad. I cost 5 which is bad. But, you draw a card and loot, and you manage the board, and the ultimate will kill your opponent. Is this playable in a Blue Moon deck or StoneBlade?

• Because I can't read that image on my screen:

Ral, Izzet Viceroy - 3UR
    Legendary Planeswalker - Ral
    +1: Look at the top two cards of your library. Put one of them into your hand and the other into your graveyard.
    -3: Ral, Izzet Videroy deals damage to target creature equal to the total number of isntant and sorcery cards you own in exile and in your graveyard.
    -8: You get an emblem with "Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, this emblem deals 4 damage to any target and you draw two cards."
    Starting loyalty: 5

• It's not remotely as good as Teferi, which is already fringe.

• @fsecco This is fringe and right now so is Blue Moon, which is one of my favorite decks. Could playing 2 of these with Dack Fayden and Snapcaster Mage help resurrect the deck?

• @moorebrother1 I think Teferi is only playable because he costs virtually 3 mana. Tapping out 5 mana to draw 1 card / kill one creature doesn't seem that appealing. Of course, if you're playing with 4 Mana Drain than MAYBE this is good. The question is: is this better than Consecrated Sphinx?

• @moorebrother1 For example: if you power this out turn 2 with Drain, you'll kill only a */1 creature with it, making it very difficult to protect x shops. If you power out a Sphinx turn 2, Shops is probably screwed.

• @fsecco Blue Moon already does well against Shops when I last played it. I had issues with Jeskai and issues with Dredge. This guy may help with Jeskai (he does get Pyroblasted) but does nothing against Dredge.

I like his presence over Sphinx which always just got removed when I played him. If the Sphinx stayed I won in a turn. This guy has a better chance to still and still ends the game in 2 turns with card draw then ultimate 2 turns later to end the game. He does more than Chandra and Teferi for Blue/Red, not sure if he helps as much as Jace.

• I have been testing with this guy and he is awesome. He literally closes out the game and he does it faster than Terferi. He may or may not work in Xerox. I'm going to try that next and the run some leagues and see how I finish but at first glance he is really good.

WAF/WHF