@Brass-Man, I'm not so sure this is true. I mean, nobody ever has made a new archetype before, you filthy netdecker. 😉

In all seriousness, luck is the most important factor of those you should never focus on too much. Change what you can control, not what you can't, and ignore anybody prone to focusing on variance.

@evouga good callout - if my opponent seems like a nice guy, and he seems like he's in a good mood, I'm usually pretty happy to chat after the match - particularly if they're a new player. If the player is obviously very new and the match was a blowout, I'll sometimes offer to look through their deck and see if anything stands out that they could change.

In the case where an opponent is obviously upset though, talking about the match can usually only make things worse.

@matori Thanks for posting, I like the chart showing luck and skill as different dimensions with different games on different points - as Smmenen says I've framed this in the wrong way.

Luck? No such non sense. Its about skill and probability.
Deck building skill
Timing
Role assessment
Probability of drawing certain card(s) based on number of said card(s) in one's deck. Etc.

My two cents anyway. Cant sleep 😞

@Ten-Ten said:

Luck? No such non sense. Its about skill and probability.
Probability of drawing certain card(s) based on number of said card(s) in one's deck. Etc.

But again, isn't luck just the end result of drawing those cards - good luck=got the cards I need when I need them. Bad luck=didn't get it?

But if you're a good enough player, you're just too good for luck to matter and you just always have it , that's how @Brass-Man does it!

@Khahan nope. Still probability.
Also: http://www.mathsisfun.com/data/probability-events-independent.html

I keep in mind probability whenever building a deck. Especially since my decks aren't powered, the consequences are magnified against powered decks as the probabilities are constantly changing as the game progresses. That's not luck, positive nor negative.

I like this topic. There was one in the archived manadrain, cant quite remember the title though.

Views