N.Y.S.E. Open VI - 7/20/19 - Long Island, New York

If you won an NYSE qualifier, please reach out to me with your DCI number!

I have serious fomo about missing this, but can't wait to see results. Hope everyone attending has an awesome time!

The coverage will start at 10am EST, and be up on my channel, www.twitch.tv/tmdbrassman . If you can't attend the event, we hope to see you watching 🙂

Live coverage is going on here, if you haven't already seen elsewhere:
https://www.eternalcentral.com/nyse-open-vi-live-coverage/

Last I saw, Joe Brennan was headed to the finals using BUG Fish. Lots of Forge/Karn shops at the top tables. Best decks appeared to be BUG control and Karn Shops with a splash of Survival, Dreadhorde, and PO competing for a spot. I think people who played dredge had mostly a miserable time? (Correct me if I’m wrong?). I think one of the best performing might have been @Zias , who I lost to.

Anyway just my impressions from the event.

I played Doomsday, which had been testing really well online and I actually won two matches against my most difficult match (BUG control), beating the reigning champ Ryan Glackin, and lost three matches against my easiest (Karn, Shops, and Dreadhorde). I still believe the deck is really well positioned right now and i feel I could have played differently in the games that I lost.

But anyway the BUG deck is pretty attractive right I think if you want to play blue.

last edited by desolutionist

Anyone know where I can find a Top 8 Decklist?

@daniel-worobec They will be up, but they're not up yet. Karn/Forge was 5/8, there were two BUG decks, and a mystery deck that I'm not sure of.

@prospero I heard it was 6 Karn Shops, but I may be wrong.

@desolutionist Sullivan was the top finishing Dredge player at 11th place, I believe?

@fsecco It's certainly possible that I'm wrong. I didn't have much time to follow up with things like that yesterday.

Nick is right. It was 5 Karn Shops, 1 Ravager Shops, 1 BUG Fish deck, and 1 BUG Jace Control deck.

@brianpk80 But everything is awesome! And there’s tons of diversity!

@oestrus I was 13. I know 1-9th were not dredge, unsure if 10-12th had any

@blindtherapy said in N.Y.S.E. Open VI - 7/20/19 - Long Island, New York:

@oestrus I was 13. I know 1-9th were not dredge, unsure if 10-12th had any

Sullivan Brophy had a win and in and probably had a relatively high final showing.

@desolutionist
Would you mind sharing the doomsday list?

@grizzly

4 Doomsday
4 Mental Misstep
4 Force of Will
4 Dark Ritual
4 Preordain
3 Spell Pierce
2 Duress
1 Ponder
1 Brainstorm
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Necropotence
3 Street Wraith
1 Gush
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Time Walk
1 Yawgmoth’s Will
1 Laboratory Maniac
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Gitaxian Probe
1 Sensei’s Divining Top
1 Chain of Vapor
1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Mox Jet
1 Lotus Petal
1 Lion’s Eye Diamond
4 Polluted Delta
1 Flooded Strand
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Swamp
2 Island
4 Underground Sea
—————————
4 Ravenous Trap
3 Chain of Vapor
2 Hurkyl’s Recall
3 Dark Confidant
2 Misdirection
1 Island

Will decklists be posted anywhere??

This was an amazing event!! (My first NYSE, taking 14th with Pitch Dredge) Its unfortunate to hear they won't be happening moving forward.

@blindtherapy said in N.Y.S.E. Open VI - 7/20/19 - Long Island, New York:

@brianpk80 yeah, this is sullivan.

Oh that's classic. I recognize you instantly in person but not on the internet. Sorry about that and nice job at the event!

Views