What content do you not get enough of?

Lately, I've been wishing there were more Vintage podcasts for me to listen to. Which got me wondering: what Vintage content do you guys wish you had more of in your lives? (Podcasts, articles, streaming, etc.)

@stuart I could definitely go for more podcasts.

One thing I'd love to see more of is gameplay videos that aren't just streams posted after the fact. I get why we don't have a lot of these, since they take more editing work and time commitment than just posting a stream, but I'd love to have more of these.

last edited by revengeanceful

I would love to see more streams that are not just Paradoxical Outcome. I think that it is great that it is getting so much attention but as a viewer when all the streamers I watch are playing PO it can get boring.

@revengeanceful

This is something I would actually like to do long term with Vintage 101, because I love this kind of content myself. Unfortunately my MTGO collection is fairly sparse in this regards, but I definitely want to eventually work my way towards doing gameplay videos.

If there is anything specific you would like to see me cover with Vintage 101, please feel free to reach out and ask. I love getting involved with stuff like this.

What about playtesting/running the gauntlet? Pick a deck type (Survival, for instance) and show it being tested against all of the tier 1 decks: Dredge, PO, Dredge, Shops, etc.

@volrathxp I would like to see more of what makes Vintage -> Vintage. I liked your last 2 articles but I think a piece just focusing on a card could be interesting like the Mishra's Workshop or Bazaar of Baghdad. Discussing the evolution of those cards from fringe into cards that define the format.

I also think a piece that discusses how the stack works in Vintage compared to say Legacy or Modern is interesting. I have never gone 12 deep on the stack in Legacy but I have in Vintage, many times - Is that good? Meh, but it is interesting.

And I would like to look at the innovations, it takes a really longtime for a deck to get good in Vintage. Paradoxical Outcome took more than a year after that card was printed to become a real deck. The Survival deck took a more than 6 months to get baked into what it is now. The Eldrazi lists that creep up from time to time show that there is room in the format for new stuff just like the Mana-gorger Hydra deck that was good for about 5 minutes.

@moorebrother1 Great feedback friend. Super appreciated.

@moorebrother1 I might need some assistance on some of the history research, but I love doing historical articles. I've done a few on legacy decks for other sites and have really enjoyed the history dive so that's definitely on the table once Eternal Weekend is out of the way. Plenty of room to do some fun stuff.

@mugginsman said in What content do you not get enough of?:

What about playtesting/running the gauntlet? Pick a deck type (Survival, for instance) and show it being tested against all of the tier 1 decks: Dredge, PO, Dredge, Shops, etc.

This has been done before. It's not very interesting to watch when the person playing the gauntlet isn't good at the decks.

@volrathxp The history is very interesting, it really puts things in context. Looking at a card like Bazaar of Baghdad, that was a bad card until the Dragon deck hit the scene then Dredgte took shape with Time Spiral and everything changed. It is just interesting. Even Mishra's Workshop was not all powerful until Mirrodin block hit, then everything changed.

@rat3de 😄 when its not practicing for EW I will stream other decks I promise

@IamActuallyLvL1 I know, I just think that it is interesting how there are non-PO streamers that I know of. You are doing a great job, and I really appreciate all vintage streamers. Although I have to say you really hit the salt hard last stream! 😂

@iamactuallylvl1 FYI I super appreciate you pointing out my inconsistency in the article this week. I know I said as much on Twitter, but I'm happy there are people willing to at least tell me when I'm wrong about my analysis of something. One of the things I really love about this community overall, for sure. Thanks for keeping me honest. 🙂

@rat3de yeah it's something I've worked on for awhile now but I can still be a salty mess.

Very frustrated with people who are playing blue decks that auto lose to shops. But if they want to win leagues it's really smart. Shops only shows up during the weekend.

last edited by IamActuallyLvL1

@rat3de hopefully I can win EW and get PO restricted so I can brew again

Views