Eternal Central: Introducing Middle School

I kinda wish Mind's Desire wasn't banned (since it WAS legal in extended as a 4-of) and there's no format you can play it in as a 4-of. I might be biased but it's probably one of the funnest cards you can play, and I wonder how busted it really is. Maybe you wouldn't mind the question @garbageaggro ?

That being said a 4x Necropotence format is definitely intriguing as hell for me.

last edited by Hrishi

@mediumsteve when i googled jungle lions i found this
Jungle lions cant 'intercept'
Love that. 😃 ..... intercept!

Nostalgia reading those articles. Oh yes definitely loving those old extended than vintage now.

last edited by covetousrat

@neo_altoid You can do that one, or ghitu fireslinger, or maggot carrier with one of the life gain when a dude enters cards. The green dude that draws a card when you play a beast is pretty important i think.

@hrishi We have talked about desire a couple times. We just removed a couple other cards before formalizing the format, and wanted to make sure those were cool first (gush and monolith) both seem ok, but we wanted a little time before we let mind's desire free since both those cards could help it.

I think there is a chance it gets unbanned, but we need to figure out how fast it is relative to the rest of the format.

Is there any chance for a northeast event in this format. I just think it would be a blast.

@garbageaggro I love everything about it, except the name. I understand trying to keep with the convention established by old school, but middle school just sounds wrong to me. Maybe renaissance? Since it comes after The Dark (ages) 😂😂😂

I mean it was also very similar to the magic i played in middle school, i love the name, lol.

Been brewing ideas based on old standard/extended decks, and fondly remember running something like this.

1 Cabal Coffers
2 Starlit Sanctum
20 Swamp

4 Cabal Archon
4 Dark Supplicant
1 Graveborn Muse
2 Headhunter
4 Rotlung Reanimator
1 Scion of Darkness
2 Shepherd of Rot
1 Visara the Dreadful
4 Withered Wretch

2 Diabolic Edict
2 Smother
2 Grim Tutor
2 Mind Sludge
1 Mutilate
1 Grave Pact
2 Phyrexian Arena
1 Ensnaring Bridge
1 Living Death

@neo_altoid said in Eternal Central: Introducing Middle School:

Is there any chance for a northeast event in this format. I just think it would be a blast.

Be the tournament organizer you want to see in the world!

Any reason the old legend rule isn't in effect?

@tittliewinks22 said in Eternal Central: Introducing Middle School:

Any reason the old legend rule isn't in effect?

It never really came up in testing, and I think most people are fine with the current legend rules.

@garbageaggro It's definetely better than "Premodern".

@garbageaggro said in Eternal Central: Introducing Middle School:

I think there is a chance it gets unbanned, but we need to figure out how fast it is relative to the rest of the format.

Please do so, selfishly that would make me so very happy. 😄

Thanks for the explanation. Hopefully there's an event around where I live so I can put a deck together as well.

@tittliewinks22 unless im missing some interaction that prevents it, this deck needs some nantuko shades and another coffers.

I wish they'd stop making new formats. Eventually every set is going to be a format of some kind, and the prices of every card will skyrocket, just like what happened with 93/94. This means I can never sell any of my cards, even the supposed 10 cent chaff, as it will become a chase rare in some obscure format eventually and worth $40. I suppose I could just never sell any card ever and wait until cardboard in general becomes too expensive.

@thewhitedragon69 Man, we just wanted something fun to do. Also, sorry we might have accidentally made your collection worth more, I guess?

Sometimes I really hate the internet.

@thewhitedragon69 said in Eternal Central: Introducing Middle School:

I wish they'd stop making new formats. Eventually every set is going to be a format of some kind, and the prices of every card will skyrocket, just like what happened with 93/94. This means I can never sell any of my cards, even the supposed 10 cent chaff, as it will become a chase rare in some obscure format eventually and worth $40. I suppose I could just never sell any card ever and wait until cardboard in general becomes too expensive.

believe it or not, some people like playing with their magic cards. by far the #1 goal with this is to have a fun format with a great card pool that encourages people to get out and play.

Views