[Free Article] SMIP - The 10-20-18 Vintage Challenge Metagame Report

http://www.eternalcentral.com/so-many-insane-plays-anatomy-of-a-recent-vintage-challenge/

It has been a while since someone did a Vintage Challenge metagame report. On the eve of the NA Vintage Championship, I am glad to provide one.

Thanks to Matt Murray for the template & TA.

@smmenen cool breakdown!
As someone who plays survival, the deck is definitely not a "PO killer" even with stony silences. Lots of ppl are trending towards red for grudge and pyroblast just for that matchup and it's still susceptible to either fast combo, a force backed up by action, or even just mentor.

Glad to see there are predators for PO, though, in the form of eldrazi and pyroblast xerox decks.

@smmenen Thanks for this, very interesting read.

Thanks. I think this is a testament that the metagame is pretty well balanced at the moment.

@griselbrother said in [Free Article] SMIP - The 10-20-18 Vintage Challenge Metagame Report:

Thanks. I think this is a testament that the metagame is pretty well balanced at the moment.

Thanks! I agree. But my view is that the format is not only superficially balanced, the game play is also quite balanced as well - in terms of interesting/skill intensive games.

A great format right now!

In my personal experience, W Eldrazi is a great matchup for PO. This seems like a very odd challenge in general.

Great read! Thanks for putting this together.

Will you and Kevin do a SMIP North American Vintage Champs preview podcast too?

Views