The Eternal Weekend NA 2018 Thread

If anyone has that sean o'brien list i would be interested seemed pretty cool.

@garbageaggro

@JACO has the lists and I think will be scanning them similar to Waterbury or NYSE or one of the other large Vintage tournaments from last year.

@neo_altoid
Well, that's pretty different.
I looked at the top 8 games, he played perfectly. I'm not sure i would have done as well. Congratulations to all players.
But once again, i'm convinced you really need to be in a "good day" to perform that great.

@chubbyrain do you have an idea of when this might occur?

@garbageaggro

Sean O'Brian
"Requiem for a Teeg"

4 Dark Confidant
4 Deathrite Shaman
3 Null Rod
2 Leovold, Emmissary of Trest
1 Tarmogoyf
1 Manglehorn
1 Noble Hierarch
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Time Walk
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Brainstorm
1 Abrupt Decay
4 Assassins Trophy
2 Green Sun's Zenith
1 Ramunap Excavator
1 Gaddock Teeg
1 Sylvan Library
2 Flusterstorm
1 Collective Brutality
1 Black Lotus
4 Mox E/J/P/S
1 Lotus Petal
1 Strip Mine
1 Forest
1 Swamp
1 Savannah
1 Polluted Delta
1 Misty Rainforest
2 Underground Sea
2 Bayou
2 Tropical Island
4 Verdant Catacombs
4 Wasteland

SB
1 Stony Silence
1 Chains of Mephistopheles
1 In the Eye of Chaos
1 Scavenging Ooze
1 Kambal, Consul of Absolution
1 Grafdiggers Cage
1 Abrubt Decay
1 Steel Sabotage
2 Energy Flux
2 Tormod's Crypt
3 Nature's Claim

@volrathxp

I don't know but Jaco typically has a pretty quick turnaround time. Ryan Eberhart and I were just granted access to the scanned lists so that we can do our metagame analyses. Check Eternal Central's website or twitter for when the post goes live.

last edited by ChubbyRain

@chubbyrain said in The Eternal Weekend NA 2018 Thread:

@garbageaggro

Sean O'Brian
"Requiem for a Teeg"

4 Dark Confidant
4 Deathrite Shaman
3 Null Rod
2 Leovold, Emmissary of Trest
1 Tarmogoyf
1 Manglehorn
1 Noble Hierarch
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Time Walk
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Brainstorm
1 Abrupt Decay
4 Assassins Trophy
2 Green Sun's Zenith
1 Ramunap Excavator
1 Gaddock Teeg
1 Sylvan Library
2 Flusterstorm
1 Collective Brutality
1 Black Lotus
4 Mox E/J/P/S
1 Lotus Petal
1 Strip Mine
1 Forest
1 Swamp
1 Savannah
1 Polluted Delta
1 Misty Rainforest
2 Underground Sea
2 Bayou
2 Tropical Island
4 Verdant Catacombs
4 Wasteland

SB
1 Stony Silence
1 Chains of Mephistopheles
1 In the Eye of Chaos
1 Scavenging Ooze
1 Kambal, Consul of Absolution
1 Grafdiggers Cage
1 Abrubt Decay
1 Steel Sabotage
2 Energy Flux
2 Tormod's Crypt
3 Nature's Claim

@volrathxp

I don't know but Jaco typically has a pretty quick turnaround time. Ryan Eberhart and I were just granted access to the scanned lists so that we can do our metagame analyses. Check Eternal Central's website or twitter for when the post goes live.

*O'Brien ... Thanks @ChubbyRain for typing it out.

I started off 6-0 crushing the same shops 75 4 times, crushing White Eldrazi by mounting TKS and Smasher heads on my wall and beat SotF pretty easily by controlling the yard with DRS game 1 and leaning on Ooze and lots of G mana game 2 which is almost unbeatable by current builds.

Then I got Misstepped 30 times in the next two rounds. The landstill match wasn't remotely close, my round 7 vs. Matt was pretty close. Game 1 I got a Goyf which is quite good against him and I think his hand became counterspells and he got beat down. Game 2 was bolts, snaps and bolts ... I drew Teeg one turn late and he drew DTT into the Restricted list. Game 3 I had a decent keep vs. a cantrip hand with Ancestral to Duress a Misstep. So I upkeep Ancestral on his 6 and he Missteps. His remaining 6 were Lotus, Land, Young Money x 2, Probe, Mystery Card. So he passed back to me with 6 power and infinite tokens. In past years when pyro was more prevalent I've had better solutions (Illness in the Misstep and Virulent Plague) but I had piled more PO hate in my board and didn't have a great token solution. RIP.

I beat Blaine in the last round as well. I think my deck is amazing vs. PO, SotF and shops. But probably needs some better sideboard cards vs. Misstep Stew. Probably just 2-3 Missteps. Or some Thoughtseizes to incinerate main phase mana to psuedo-Duress the first Skillstep.

Great event, had fun, met some awesome and gracious opponents who ended games with no permanents.

Just want to note that I got ahold of the list I needed from Andrew himself. 🙂

@chubbyrain I appreciate it, looks like a cool list

This week I'll be writing an (unnecessary) tournament report about my 6-4 finish, and also recording a podcast about the event and thoughts on the meta. But long story short:

• On the ground Vintage felt pretty solid.
  • I've been one of those Shops apologists who's spent the past couple years saying people need to build/play better against Shops, and it feels like we're finally reaching the point where people are doing that to very good results.
  • Paradoxical Outcome can be a pretty unfun card/deck to play against - if we could restrict it while not grossly changing the meta, I'd like to see it restricted - but it's seemingly contributed to a much more balanced Vintage.
  • Great, great, great event. Thanks to all my opponents for some good matches, my buddies for traveling with me, and anyone else I got to say hi to!
    Views