Best Lab Maniac deck?

• In the 4 gush 4 probe era doomsday was the right answer to your question.... but right now i have to say that the 'best' deck best meaning the better performance, the deck that wins more, it cant be doomsday anymore. Between doomsday and the deck that mills itself to win i have to say the last one is the 'best' one. So... the deck that wins more and do so via labaniac? Druid.dec for sure. Doomsday with 1 gush 1 probe is just not good enuff imo... yes you can add cantrips etc etc SDT.... whatever... i think the hermit druid deck is slightly better

• I would say Doomsday is still the best answer to your question, but with Workshops able to dumptruck it, and Outcome racing it, and it having issues with the creatures from Survival, along with Gush + Probe restrictions, Doomsday is really not a viable option anymore, sadly.

• sadly nods his head and slides Laboratory Maniac back into his binder

• @grumpytopdecker said in Best Lab Maniac deck?:

sadly nods his head and slides Laboratory Maniac back into his binder

There's a hermit druid deck that I played against these days, lots of counters, cantrips, and there's are not too many spells that can remove it that see play in vintage. It seemed better than doomsday at least.

• @gutocmtt said in Best Lab Maniac deck?:

There's a hermit druid deck that I played against these days, lots of counters, cantrips, and there's are not too many spells that can remove it that see play in vintage. It seemed better than doomsday at least.

Because Bolt/Plow aren't in the jeskai decks...

• @13nova exactly, they are in jeskai.

• @gutocmtt said in Best Lab Maniac deck?:

@13nova exactly, they are in jeskai.

And Workshops can kill it or stall it with Revoker or Ballista, etc.

I've just never been a fan of decks wth 100 dead cards. I guarentee you I could brew up a doomsday list and have better results than hermit druid.dec.

• Y'all are missing the obvious answer.

Every deck should be a Lab Man deck. Put that bad boy in your sideboard and laugh manically as you never lose another Two Card Monte match!

• @thecravenone said in Best Lab Maniac deck?:

Y'all are missing the obvious answer.

Every deck should be a Lab Man deck. Put that bad boy in your sideboard and laugh manically as you never lose another Two Card Monte match!

👍
    Two Card Monte has pyroblasts though...

• Laboratory Maniac isn't even good. It dies to Pthisis.
    Seriously though, I still play BurningOath Tendrils with Lab Man in SB. That's about it.

• There's a post gush restriction doomsday deck floating around on the internet (link) by a reddit user nihilaeternumest. LSV's recent Doomsday list is pretty good as well. These decks are good candidates for using Lab Man. You would want to go off with a bunch of counterspells to protect Lab Man so I don't think the 'dies to lightning bolt/pyroblast' point is very relevant, unless it's a joke. Doomsday is a pretty sneaky card so it works well with Lab Man.

• have a look at my hermit druid list up here, may not be quite tier one but a good lab deck, doomsday seems really hard to play sans gush

• I built a version in Legacy that was OK with Paradigm Shift playing 4 Tormod's Crypt and 4 Relic of Progenitus. This can be ported over into Vintage with Demonic Consultation. You need Mystic Veil to protect the Lab Man and you can play Spell Seeker to get the Demonic Consultation. Paradigm Shift works well, but your set up has to be flawless and in this meta game - gook luck with that.

WAF/WHF