What is everyone's profession?

I am in Information security, Used to be a consultant penetration tester, recently took a desk job not breaking things anymore.

@Solemn_Storm what company? I work in healthcare on the pyroll/workforce IT side

Federal prosecutor for the U.S. Dept. of Justice. My more important job is being a dad...surely I'm not the only one with a kiddo?

@Lysandros said:

Federal prosecutor for the U.S. Dept. of Justice. My more important job is being a dad...surely I'm not the only one with a kiddo?

They probably don't see is as a job, or at least not as a "profession"

Haha, of course it's not a "job," my comment was tongue-in-cheek. Consider that my poorly worded attempt to see if anyone else had kids or if I'm the old man of the bunch.

last edited by Lysandros

Former high school history teacher and then director of youth ministry, currently a graduate student in ethics and theology. Just rolling in that sweet sweet church money.

extremely proud to be one of the few blue collar guys into this format. I drive a tractor trailer all over the northeast as far south as DC suburbs.

Digital retoucher for Barneys New York. Oh! And my claim to fame is I made some twitch emotes for Michael Jacob (Darkest_Mage)

I am also in medicine. I work as a GP.

USMC veteran. Now a Clinical Psychologist. Working within the Schizoid spectrum mostly with some BPD and Major Depressive mixed in. Adult population mostly. Freelance artist on the side provides funds for MtG.

I tend to do a lot of field research at gaming events. If you meet me I tend to ask a lot of questions, I am usually collecting data for work.

last edited by studderingdave

@infant_no_1 Nope, but hey before I left I was a senior penetration tester. Not sure if that means I was good at breaking into things, or bad at breaking hips.

@Lysandros said:

Haha, of course it's not a "job," my comment was tongue-in-cheek. Consider that my poorly worded attempt to see if anyone else had kids or if I'm the old man of the bunch.

I have 5 kids and one more coming in August.

I work a desk job at an oilfield services company right now.

@Lysandros said:

I've got 3, all 3 of which have wanted to play. The oldest of which has started attending FNM drafts with me. And seen her peers at said drafts. Yes, I feel old sometimes playing this game. No, I"m not not the oldest regular (but not far off).

@Lysandros my wife and I have one son. He's five.
Part of the reason I like Vintage is that I seem to meet a lot of older players with kids, much the same as myself.

Views