Old School Magic @ The Comic Book Depot 4/29/16

• The Comic Book Depot is hosting its first ever Old School 93/94 magic event.
    This Friday at 8:00pm. Fee is only $10.00 with full credit as prizes. We are allowing only 5 proxy's for this event.

For more info please go to
    http://www.newyorkoldschoolmtg.com/

The Comic Book Depot
    2847 Jerusalem Ave
    Wantagh, NY 11793
    516-221-9337

Next Old School is on Sunday May 15th NYSE Qualifier

• When you say proxy, do you mean Plains with "Black Lotus" sharpied on it or Unlimited Black Lotus?

• @AmbivalentDuck
    you can write on a basic land what card it is. You need to write the casting cost and what the card does as well.

• Some Old School variants consider all white bordered cards (eg. unlimited power) to be proxies, hence the question.

• TMD Supporter

@AmbivalentDuck The website lists the legal sets as:
    Alpha
    Beta
    Unlimited
    Arabian Nights
    Antiquities
    Legends
    The Dark
    Revised
    Fallen Empires
    Chronicles
    Collectors' Editions

So your unlimited Black Lotus should be a legal non-proxy, but that doesn't answer whether reprints of legal cards in sets not mentioned (like a 4th edition Serra Angel) would be considered proxies.

• @aardshark Sweet... man I was sweating if my fallen empires thrull deck would be playable... well, maybe playable is the wrong word.

• Wow I'm jealous. Good luck to everyone going to the event!

• @AmbivalentDuck said:

Some Old School variants consider all white bordered cards (eg. unlimited power) to be proxies, hence the question.

I know almost every variant, but never heard of one where an UNL Lotus is considered a proxy. But in most of nothern Europe UNL is the cutline, and Revised and 4th are not allowed.

That aside, good luck and have fun for everyone playing in the event! Love the idea of Collector's editions being allowed :)

• @Twiedel Oops, it's Revised duals that I was thinking of, sorry.

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.