0_1544704933247_77fd5e49-1032-4f93-b8fb-08c249c430e4-image.png

Card Text:
+1: Draw a card, then put a card from your hand on top of your library.
−1: Exile another target permanent you own, then return it to the battlefield under your control.
−6: Choose left or right. Each player gains control of all nonland permanents other than Aminatou, the Fateshifter controlled by the next player in the chosen direction.

I have been fixated by this card since it was spoiled. I know most will say that is trash and unplayable but I still just like this card.

Here is my attempt at a deck for it, I have built it on paper and I will try it when I get a chance.

3 Aminatou, the Fateshifter

Removal
2 Fragmentize
2 Swords to Plowshares
4 Assassin's Trophy
1 Balance

Creatures
4 Dark Confidant
3 Snapcaster Mage
2 Kambal, Consul of Allocation
1 Monastery Mentor

Counter
4 Mental Misstep
4 Flusterstorm

Search/Draw
Imperial Seal
Vampiric Tutor
Demonic Tutor
Brainstorm
Ponder
Mystical Tutor
Ancestral Recall
Time Walk

Mana
5 Moxes
Lotus
Strip Mine
3 Flooded Strand
3 Polluted Delta
3 Tundra
3 Undergound Sea
2 Tropical Island
1 Island
1 Plains

Sideboard
4 Containment Priest
4 Rest in Peace
2 Swords to Plowshares
2 Fragmentize
2 Mystic Remora
1 Kaya, Ghost Assassin

This deck looks janky but plays surprising well. It is weak to Dredge and Survival game 1 on purpose but the sideboard really changes those match ups.

Anyway, this is a pet card and a pet deck.

last edited by moorebrother1

@moorebrother1 Looking this list over again, Gaddock Teeg or Leovold could be played main deck over Kambal to sure it up. This list is good against Xerox, PO and Shops. You will also notice that there is no Preordain so the tutor cards could be replaced with Preordain if you were so inclinded.

Can you explain a bit the role of Aminatou in the deck? I see the synergy with Snapcaster Mage---are there other intended uses of the -1 ability? What are the benefits of Aminatou over, say, Jace, Vryn's Prodigy?

@evouga She fixes the Bob flip and gives you reuse on Snapcaster. Her last ability is more like a oh crap I lost all of creatures. She is very quirky, so I focused on her first 2 abilities.

The +1 ability seems tailor-made for Miracle shenanigans. Have you tried cards like Temporal Mastery or Banishing Stroke?

@moorebrother1 Have you considered Demonic Pact? It seems pretty sexy with Aminatou, but a bit slow. If you can get it going though, I would imagine the raw CA would overrun any deck.

I always like the -1 with other walkers, being able to reset their loyalty is great. Kaya, Ghost Assassin is good there.

If you want synergy with her you want alot of 2s that benefit from a flicker. SCM is really a 3 drop. And you absolutely want Terminus, and probably Predict and some bullets to use with your Misstep Bait tutors like Entreat. I think going creature less makes more sense with her. There are quite a few 2 mana artifacts and enchantments that ETB do stuff.

^^ Creature less makes sense given the ultimate.

Could also use things like Grim Monolith to untap for free.

I think if your splashing green anyways, Dr. Shaman should be in there. Can make turn 3 Amin more easily done. Also Manglehorn seems great since it stalls PO and can blink for CA vs any artifact style deck. I also think Sylvan Library is strong here. Have you considered or tried Stoneforge Mystic? Only needs blinked once to do some dumb things.

I really tried to figure out how to make the ultimate good but in Vintage it is just now that good unless it is a late game situation.

I looked at all of the miracle cards and all of the creatures/artifacts/lands/enchantments with come into play triggers. Snapcaster is by far the best come into play trigger in Vintage. Spellseeker and Trinket Mage cost 3 and that makes it hard to use since Vintage has so much speed.

The green was added only for Assassin's Trophy, because Vindicate is too slow. While testing against Shops, the removal package became extremely critical.

Bob is there to beat the Xerox decks, which means I have to run Mental Misstep to keep him on the board and to kill their tempo.

I tried a lot of the ideas in this thread and this build is stable and pretty good. The side board brings in a bunch of nonbos, like Rest and Peace and Containment Priest which you really need against Dredge and Survival.

The deck is similar to the @nedleeds EW deck but obviously different because it focuses on Aminatou.

Assassin's Trophy is really not that good against Shops. It's definitely not worth a color splash just for that, if it's to beat Shops, but even then there are better options available in green.

@griselbrother I'll cut the green and try this
Removal
4 Fragmentize
4 Swords to Plowshares
1 Balance

I did not want to play Wasteland and Assassin's Trophy gives you a way to blow up a Workshop or a Bazaar

@moorebrother1 said in Aminatou, the Fateshifter:

@griselbrother I'll cut the green and try this
Removal
4 Fragmentize
4 Swords to Plowshares
1 Balance

I did not want to play Wasteland and Assassin's Trophy gives you a way to blow up a Workshop or a Bazaar

Yeah, Trophy is a nice utility card in general, I just got the impression that you added it specifically for the Shops matchup.

As usual I have something I found in left field. This card has a cool synergy with Oath of Nissa. So if we wanted to pack even more cards that aren't likely vintage playable into vintage decks... could be a thing!

@topical_island Your avatar's expression looks like mine when I saw your post

Lavinia, oddly makes this deck kind of playable. I have also added Jace, Vryn's Prodigy to make it a real vintage deck. Assassin's Trophy is kind of required unless I play Vindicate, which is too slow. I'll post a new list later when I get a chance.

Views