If you want synergy with her you want alot of 2s that benefit from a flicker. SCM is really a 3 drop. And you absolutely want Terminus, and probably Predict and some bullets to use with your Misstep Bait tutors like Entreat. I think going creature less makes more sense with her. There are quite a few 2 mana artifacts and enchantments that ETB do stuff.

^^ Creature less makes sense given the ultimate.

Could also use things like Grim Monolith to untap for free.

I think if your splashing green anyways, Dr. Shaman should be in there. Can make turn 3 Amin more easily done. Also Manglehorn seems great since it stalls PO and can blink for CA vs any artifact style deck. I also think Sylvan Library is strong here. Have you considered or tried Stoneforge Mystic? Only needs blinked once to do some dumb things.

I really tried to figure out how to make the ultimate good but in Vintage it is just now that good unless it is a late game situation.

I looked at all of the miracle cards and all of the creatures/artifacts/lands/enchantments with come into play triggers. Snapcaster is by far the best come into play trigger in Vintage. Spellseeker and Trinket Mage cost 3 and that makes it hard to use since Vintage has so much speed.

The green was added only for Assassin's Trophy, because Vindicate is too slow. While testing against Shops, the removal package became extremely critical.

Bob is there to beat the Xerox decks, which means I have to run Mental Misstep to keep him on the board and to kill their tempo.

I tried a lot of the ideas in this thread and this build is stable and pretty good. The side board brings in a bunch of nonbos, like Rest and Peace and Containment Priest which you really need against Dredge and Survival.

The deck is similar to the @nedleeds EW deck but obviously different because it focuses on Aminatou.

last edited by moorebrother1

Assassin's Trophy is really not that good against Shops. It's definitely not worth a color splash just for that, if it's to beat Shops, but even then there are better options available in green.

@griselbrother I'll cut the green and try this
Removal
4 Fragmentize
4 Swords to Plowshares
1 Balance

I did not want to play Wasteland and Assassin's Trophy gives you a way to blow up a Workshop or a Bazaar

@moorebrother1 said in Aminatou, the Fateshifter:

@griselbrother I'll cut the green and try this
Removal
4 Fragmentize
4 Swords to Plowshares
1 Balance

I did not want to play Wasteland and Assassin's Trophy gives you a way to blow up a Workshop or a Bazaar

Yeah, Trophy is a nice utility card in general, I just got the impression that you added it specifically for the Shops matchup.

As usual I have something I found in left field. This card has a cool synergy with Oath of Nissa. So if we wanted to pack even more cards that aren't likely vintage playable into vintage decks... could be a thing!

@topical_island Your avatar's expression looks like mine when I saw your post

Lavinia, oddly makes this deck kind of playable. I have also added Jace, Vryn's Prodigy to make it a real vintage deck. Assassin's Trophy is kind of required unless I play Vindicate, which is too slow. I'll post a new list later when I get a chance.

Views