[RNA] Electrodominance

• @thewhitedragon69 said in [RNA] Electrodominance:

Also, being cast for value (i.e. RR3 to bolt + cast free tinker (without sacing an artifact)

I believe you still have to sac the artifact. Electrodominance still has you cast the spell. The only thing you dont do is pay its mana cost. But I'm pretty sure additional costs have to be paid. This would include sacrificing an artifact to tinker, 3 mana for trinisphere or paying for any other sphere effects.

• @khahan Gotcha. EoT Sorcery is still intriguing. It's also a way to EoT oath into play after frying their priest as someone said. negating sorcery-speed answers to things helps.

I'm actually maybe most excited about EoT balance. Twist/Wrath/Armogeddon on your opponent's end step has to be brutal. Being able to do it 5 times (with restore balance) is just hot.

• If you're gonna Balance on your opponent's turn, the correct time is surely the Draw rather than End of Turn step?

I don't know how well Balance plays with Electrodominance though. RR2 is a difficult cost to pay without a number of Volcanic Islands / Plateaus that you'd rather not expose.

• @evouga said in [RNA] Electrodominance:

If you're gonna Balance on your opponent's turn, the correct time is surely the Draw rather than End of Turn step?

I don't know how well Balance plays with Electrodominance though. RR2 is a difficult cost to pay without a number of Volcanic Islands / Plateaus that you'd rather not expose.

While this is true, you dont always draw balance in your first 1-3 turns. It could easily be drawn late game when the board state is such that you and your opponent have excess lands.

• I think if you try to use this card with Ancestral Visions in Vintage, you're going to die with one card of the combo in your hand and the other not in your hand more often than you'd like. I think if you could split the damage, the card would be borderline decent.

Speaking of As Foretold, MTGO player Iwouldliketorespond recently went 5-0 with it as a 4-of in the main deck. Deck is really fun to play.

• @thewhitedragon69 said in [RNA] Electrodominance:

@khahan Gotcha. EoT Sorcery is still intriguing.

Quicken is a thing that costs less, draws a card, and is generally in a more favorable color. If all you want to do is olay sorceries as opposed to no mana cost cards quicken seems likeba slam dunk over this.

Also, all this balance talk, its funny to think that restore balance becomes the superior card in this situation.

• @protoaddct If that's ALL you want to do, sure, Quicken is better. I think the mana fixing, instant speed, Eot enchantment/PW, casting costless spells, deal direct damage, etc., all rolled into one card is what makes this better than quicken. Not sure if it will end up a playable or not, but it's gotta be worth testing.

Maybe a rainbow deck with hypergenesis, vivions, and restore balance? Emrakul cheats with oath and orchards (since you're rainbow and running emrakul anyway)?

• @juice-mane Agree about the As Foretold deck, really fun to play. Been tweaking it a bit and learning how to play it properly but 5-0 does not seem within reach for me : )

• Couple of stray thoughts about (Restore) Balance and suspend cards: 1) sorry if this is obvious but playing it as an instant lets you do it in response to cracking a fetch, thereby blowing up an additional land, and 2) suspending cards is actually a cheap way to get cards out of your hand while still getting the benefit of them. If you want to go all in on jank you could really spend the first couple turns suspending things and demolishing your opponent's hand and mana, and then have your Visions and Lotus Blooms come in, giving you a massively unbalanced board state. Definitely very inconsistent but could be fun when it works.

• Side comment not directly related to Electrodominance: even when played fairly, Ancestral Vision is quite strong on its own in the control mirror and probably underrated in Vintage. Suspending it in the early game sets up an explosive turn in the late game, and unlike Restore Balance, say, your opponent cannot plan for it very effectively. They can try to counter it of course, but they will need to do so during your upkeep, and unlike Ancestral Recall, Ancestral Vision is immune to Misstep, and unlike Treasure Cruise it is not an appealing Mana Drain target.

WAF/WHF