2/2 - Romancing The Stones - Proxy Vintage (Austin, TX)

0_1548345597937_Poster med.JPG

After an intense 2018 invitational and a brief respite in Old School, we’re back to kick off the 2019 season of Romancing The Stones! Come release all your pent-up desire to abuse the restricted list, while partaking in some good food and beer.

Entry Fee: $10
Payout: 100% of entry fees go to the top Top 4; “special prize” (TBA) and invite to year-end championship for 1st Place
Proxy limit: Unlimited proxy
Proxy rules: While we love real cards and beautifully-rendered proxies, it’s more important to us that you’re just here and playing. As such, we’re not instituting any proxy rules or guidelines.
Decklists: We will be collecting decklists to post online after the event.

Wanna know what the competition looks like? Check out the lists from our past events here, or read our analysis of the 2018 Romancing The Stones metagame.

last edited by Stuart

This season, we decided we're doing away with playmats for 1st place - if there's one thing Magic players don't need, it's more playmats. Instead, we're awarding Austin-themed proxies for 1st! This Saturday's winner takes home every Texan's favorite grocery store:
0_1548775149280_9C000F4C-C66A-449D-998C-D5A04D6C668D.jpg
0_1548775159038_56962826607__439EC7F5-A672-4E37-BF2B-0287D86AA704.JPG

I really hope to make one of these this year. My in-laws live just outside of Austin and we visit a few times a year. Just need to make sure we have a trip scheduled the same weekend and then the convince the wife that I should go play magic rather than spending time with her family!

Cheers @Khahan - hope you can make it! We should be hammering out dates for our next few events soon, so I'll share those here once we have them. Tentatively, I'd expect late March (after SXSW) and either late April or early May.

I'm going to need to make a new deck to play that Library after I win tomorrow 🙂

The format is five rounds of Swiss, with cut to the top 4?

last edited by evouga

@evouga Yep! We're pretty much set on that structure, unless we see a drastic uptick or downtick in attendance. Cutting to Top 8 would be nice, but that extra round reallllly adds a lot of time to the event, which our venues don't always love.

Thanks so much for putting this on! It was great fun, despite me getting crushed 2-3. The Infect deck that went on a rampage today was an interesting surprise.

Love me some infect 😉 4-1 was not quite good enough, but I'm happy with the performance.

@thewhitedragon69

That infect deck looks radical! I'm definitely gonna have to try a version of it.

@Thewhitedragon69 I mean, you missed Top 4 on breakers - nothing to be ashamed of there. Considering the last time you Top 4'd one of our events you were on BW Depths, you're developing quite the reputation as a successful brewer.

@evouga Great meeting you this weekend! I learned that Library vs Jace + Sylvan is not a winning battle.

Lol. I love to brew. And RTS tourneys are my fave places to bring brews and drink brews at breweries 🙂

Views