Thx a lot for comment. I see your point with needle - guess I have dredge in mind? I might move it to SB. Will try out with another diamond ๐Ÿ™‚ I dont seem to lack creatures -since I often only need one, and can find it with BoB or, well sphinx. ๐Ÿ™‚

@Mergalf This is actually a really cool idea! I love this card and will be watching all of its developments very closely. I have yet to test it in Dredge, but I feel like it could provide just as much or more utility in that deck. How has Library of Alexandria been feeling? Keep us posted, this is very cool!

Why don't you play Time Walk? I would think an extra dig with Bazaar, or an extra swing with some Vengevines and Hollow Ones, is completely crushing? If it draws out a counter, well, at least they're not countering your Survival?

@evouga Agreed. I think that cutting Pithing Needle or Library for Time Walk is probably a good decision.

I believe cutting both Pithing Needles for a Time Walk and a 2nd Squeeze would make it much better, and much easier to keep blue cards in hand for FOW.

I played against you last night in a League, Sphinx did quite a bit if work for you! Keep up the good work man.

Changed to timewalk instead of needles. Library og Alexandria has been very good against counter matchups for card adv, but once I lacked the green mana. Also It can be difficult to decide "when to empty your hand" maybe it should go SB?
Thx all for comments

last edited by Mergalf

I was on my own Paradoxical Outcome Brew. I remember Balancing you game 1 and then Tinkering up Colossus game 3. Lavinia completely crushed me game 2. I ended up going 4-1 in that league only losing to Storm.

@mergalf
I donโ€™t see Library of Alexandria being good in this deck, basically ever. Iโ€™d be much more inclined to play some other blue card, creature, or even Squee #2 over it. I do think Time Walk is good too.
Edit: Wonder. Wonder is the card youโ€™re missing.

last edited by wfain

It has been discarded as an idea already, but pithing needle is awesome AGAINST survival. I really mean it, it's painful to play against it, can name any of the 2 engines and stop any amount of copies with it. In regards to card advantage, wfain is precise there, if you want it you can get more copies of squee. And wonder is awesome. I think I'd rather cut one of the combo creatures (VV, rootwalue and hollow one) than the copy of wonder. It does... wonders.

One thing I'd recommend you to be cautious about. Don't consider good results as necessarily an indicator that it's a good version of the deck. I'm not saying it's not. All I'm saying is that survival is an awesome deck, and it's way above the median of the vintage decks. The deck is so good that tere are bad versions of survival that can do fine in the metagame. I think for you to really be able to understand and brew correctly it'd be good to play the other versions of the deck. See what works in each of them, and what are the metagame each one is better at. For example, for me there are 2 builds of survival that are insane, and each one of them works better in certain enviroments. And each one of them has it's own pros and cons. Besides looking for a better version (say a version that is better than A against any deck) you can look for a version that goes better against X and worse against Y.

I don't know how you feel about that, but we already talked about something between 5 and 10 versions of survival in the main thread. Maybe it would be a nice discussion to have there too, as the versions have lots in common, and maybe when talking about one of them we can have ideas for the other one.

Very good points all of you. I am new on this site and hadnt seen the main thread. I hereby declare comments on the sphinx twist moved to the main thread ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a nice day all of you and thx for comments

Views