@smmenen The 'Overall Match Win %' is the total win% for that archetype over all matches (including those where the opponents deck is not known). The 'Known Match win %' is the win % against top 32 decks, which are the only ones we know.
To be very specific on the data included:
- For Archetypes/Decks: We only have the top 32 decks from each challenge, and while we have records of every match for those archetypes ('Overall Match' numbers), we only know the opponent archetype if the match was against another top 32 deck ('Known Match' numbers).
- For Players: Because we don't include archetype in these numbers, all matches played by that player that we have record of are included, even if it is using or against an unrecorded deck (non top 32 decks).
- Byproducts: I chose to include the overall win% and known match win % in all archetype numbers, as they are both technically skewed in opposite directions.
- Overall win % (against all decks) is skewed upward because it only contains results for when the archetype top 32'd a tournament.
- Known match win % (against top 32 opponents) is skewed downward because it is against only the stronger performing opponents.
- The 'Unknown' archetype represents all of the results for what ends up being 33rd place and below, showing the overall win% for those decks, and the win% against known decks.
- Exact data collected:
- Full match lists with player, opponent, and overall game results from every vintage challenge I was able to pull (I did miss 8 weeks or so over the last 11 months)
- Full deck lists from every Top 32 Vintage Challenge since 1/1/2018.
While I recognize this does taint the results to some extent, the relative numbers over enough time I think still give a good picture of each archetype's strengths and weaknesses.
A final note: If people think it would catch on, the solution to the missing data problem would likely be the creation of a form allowing players to submit their deck lists (or even just the general archetype) and pushing it to the spreadsheet. I'm hesitant to put the time into it if it's not going to be used, but would still very much like an avenue to complete the missing data.