[WAR] Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner

0_1554132367476_68e2481e-528c-46a3-90d2-a27ca25d6c92-image.png

It is a mana free way to untap a timevault 7 times that can be pitched to FOW, be cast off 2 colors of mana, cannot be shattered, and can also be used as a sort of ramp engine and also potentially draws you cards depending on the configuration of your deck. This feels like it could slot into some Oath lists somewhere and it certainly is the right colors for it.

I like it; in fact, most of this set seems like it's asking for trouble. Tons of walkers like this with decent abilities.

However... I don't think this gal is going to see Vintage play. It's more expensive and harder to dig up than Key, and less powerful than Tezz. It reminds me most of those Merfolk decks around 2014 that would use Merrow Reejery to take Vault turns. Funny, fun even, but probably not powerful.

This could see some play with Arena Rector. There's lots of permanents you can untap 7 times to huge advantages or virtual wins - not just time vault.

@khahan yes, but unless they are time vault it might be a bit difficult to continue to have both pieces for 7 turns.

Not when you lead off with Cabal Therapy, flashing back cabal therapy by sacrificing Rector.

@khahan are you saying you're rectoring for this or that when you rector for Karn, Ugin, Bolas, etc the much better card gives you time in which to durdle with Kiora? resolved rector trigger is a scenario where this card doesn't matter much, I think.

this card untaps academy, I guess. what other permanents are you thinking of? I don't think 3 mana for vigilance on an attacker is a vintage playable card.

4 power is a line that hollow one and vengevine both hit, but 3 mana is a lot on that deck. not sure who else can use that ability.

@blindtherapy said in [WAR] Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner:

4 power is a line that hollow one and vengevine both hit, but 3 mana is a lot on that deck. not sure who else can use that ability.

Multiple Tinker targets would trigger this, which honestly would be somewhat likely to be in your key vault lists with this as a backup plan against null rod or something similar. Likewise Academy plays nice with this as do most Oath targets.

Views