5/4 - Romancing the Stones - Proxy Vintage (Austin, TX)

0_1555438289898_romancing 11.jpg.jpeg

Entry Fee: $10
Payout: 100% of entry fees go to the top Top 4; unique proxy card and invite to year-end championship for 1st Place
Proxy limit: Unlimited proxy
Proxy rules: While we love real cards and beautifully-rendered proxies, it’s more important to us that you’re just here and playing. As such, we’re not instituting any proxy rules or guidelines.
Decklists: We will be collecting decklists to post online after the event.

Wanna know what the competition looks like? Check out our previous events here, or read our analysis of the 2018 Romancing The Stones metagame.

@stuart said in 5/4 - Romancing the Stones - Proxy Vintage (Austin, TX):

Payout: 100% of entry fees go to the top Top 4; unique proxy card and invite to year-end championship for 1st Place

Aaaaaand here it is! Texas brands galore:
0_1555950684312_Vault.jpg

I will be there for sure and not even Bolas himself could keep me away this time!

@thewhitedragon69 And we'll have a consolation Misstep waiting for you

A quick note for anyone attending: regardless of what Wizards implements in the coming days, we will be playing with the Vancouver Mulligan at this event. If London rules go into effect, we'll start using them for all subsequent events, but not this one.

. . . so Dredge players, don't cut your Serum Powders just yet.

Aaaaaand here it is! Texas brands galore:
0_1555950684312_Vault.jpg

Hey, I really like that time vault. Didn't ELD or Feinstien get in trouble for giving out proxies as prizes back in the day though?

Cheers @John-Cox - glad you like them!

No clue about getting in trouble. As an unsanctioned event run at bars, I’m not sure what that would look like. Hopefully we can avoid the long arm of the law.

I don't think there's really a problem. Wizards put out a more-lenient-than-assumed policy on proxies a few years ago, and basically they don't care if it's not for sale and not intended to pass as a real card.

(Plus it's just way too cool to beef with.)

Another quick reminder to our players: War Of The Spark will be legal at this event! So grab your Narsets and Teferis, your Karns and your Blast Zones!

Views