Eternal masters roughly one month away, where's the hype (and further spoilers)?

• It just occurred to me that EMA is due for release on June 10th (17th on-line) and there is basically no hype at all for the set and, likewise, the spoiler leaks are still just the two official FoW and Wasteland. I was really exited back in February when the initial info about the set was released so this silence surprises me. Therefore, I decided to post this thread to (hopefully) get some speculation about the set going again. So which cards besides FoW and Wasteland do you think will be in the set?

• Given the potential for massive price shifts and past allegations about leaks, they might warn everyone about a date/time at which the list will be posted and then post it all at once. This would let stores "lock up" long enough to adjust their prices and prevent chaos on the secondary market. Imagine what will happen on Pucatrade if something like Mana Drain is reprinted.

• Spoilers will start in earnest 2 weeks prior to the release. We may see a couple of spoilers between now and then, but WotC isn't going to take away from SoI which is still "new".

• Administrators

I've been hoping for cheap Doomsdays online for a little while now. Obviously Misdirection and Rishadan Port would make those cards much more accessible for mtgo players, too.

• @Brass-Man I'm hoping Wasteland's price goes down too. Really need some copies but 50-60 tix seems way too steep.

• Containment priest is another vintage staple (at least at the moment with all of these white mentor decks) that I would like to see reprinted!

• @Solomoxen yes, Foil Containment Priests are needed, but I won't be surprised if they go through as Judge Foils, first.

• TMD Supporter

@Brass-Man I've been hoping for New-Framed Doomsdays. I'd also kill for a new-framed Mana Vault and Mana Crypt. Hell, can I hope for something like new-framed Tinker?

• well there already is new bordered tinker, it's just in a FTV set so bad bendy foil only.

• Is this a online set or a paper set?

• @Stormanimagus both, but limited print run in paper and limited time frame online

• I'm hoping for an updated Glowrider, Waterfront Bouncer and Hammer Mage to avoid judge calls over creature types.

• Imperial Seal tops my "I kknow we won't get it but I can dream" list.

• TMD Supporter

@mickey.nobilis i love me some hammer mage too, as apprent by my deck last year

• Preordering a booster box? Good idea? Stupid? Insane?... Your thoughts.

• @Winterstar said:

Imperial Seal tops my "I kknow we won't get it but I can dream" list.

The possibility of P3K reprints definitely has a lot of dealers scared. I've been to two GPs since the EMA announcement and P3K cards are cheaper than they've been in years. I even found a slight play Japanese Seal for under 300! Another vendor told me he had a complete set of English P3K that he was treating like a ticking time bomb.

To add to the list of things that are too expensive on MTGO and should see reprint in EMA: Daze!

• @thecravenone said:

@Winterstar said:

Imperial Seal tops my "I kknow we won't get it but I can dream" list.

The possibility of P3K reprints definitely has a lot of dealers scared. I've been to two GPs since the EMA announcement and P3K cards are cheaper than they've been in years. I even found a slight play Japanese Seal for under 300! Another vendor told me he had a complete set of English P3K that he was treating like a ticking time bomb.

To add to the list of things that are too expensive on MTGO and should see reprint in EMA: Daze!

I think P3k is a ripe target for reprints. I think recruiter is more likely than seal, because its more fun for draft and I think having a higher availability might make for interesting legacy decks.

The other big thing is what, if anything, is going to come out of Legends.

• TMD Supporter

@Topical_Island said:

Preordering a booster box? Good idea? Stupid? Insane?... Your thoughts.

I thought it was super difficult to get a preorders of sets like this? At least anywhere close to MSRP.

• @joshuabrooks You might be right... Someone's offering 230$ preorder on ebay for it... I don't really know about that price either. Maybe I should have added Impossible to my list of interrogative adjectives...

• TMD Supporter

My predictions for this set are that I will be able to purchase zero packs at MSRP, and probably one pack at some ridiculously gouged price, and it will contain a bulk rare. I talked to the people at the local game shop and the guy told me they can't get much and are charging over ten dollars a pack for it. I might not buy any. Maybe if I could find a good deal on a box, but I don't know. Force of Will is going to be a Mythic anyway most likely. I wish it was still uncommon...

• TMD Supporter

Are these sets any fun to draft, btw? I've never done one-

Looks like your connection to The Mana Drain was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.