Eternal Weekend North America 2019 - Oct 31-Nov 3 - Pittsburgh, PA

What’s the deal with single elimination?

Is it just because they can turn and burn more tourneys, or do people enjoy the knockout format?

last edited by joshuabrooks

@joshuabrooks It's cheaper at $20/pop as opposed to $30/pop last year which helps people grinding for Byes. But it it unfortunate for those of us that just want to get as much sanctioned vintage in during the weekend as possible 😞

I think this is a more typical setup for bye producing last minute tourneys, outside of ew.

@mike-noble from my own admission of "play as much as possible" your analysis is correct (though I hope I don't get pummeled that much). I guess I just can't rationalize paying $20 to potentially play a single round.

EDIT:
One nit-picking detail about your model, there are only five vintage trials Thursday not seven. So it's $100 for 5-10 rounds (assuming it's impossible to get to round 3 and still register for every event).
Last year had Four 5-round Swiss events, and you could easily register and play in two to their entirety for $60.

last edited by Tittliewinks22

Most people dropped the swiss ones anyone because they were primarily interested in signing up for the next one and earning a bye.

@nedleeds said in Eternal Weekend North America 2019 - Oct 31-Nov 3 - Pittsburgh, PA:

Most people dropped the swiss ones anyone because they were primarily interested in signing up for the next one and earning a bye.

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification.

Vintage 5k was dropped last year, and this year is there side events/Play All Weekend? It appears the side events will be trials on Thursday, and then only draft and Commander...

edit: Ahh, there is a note to check back for complete side event schedule.

last edited by AeonSovarius

The next B&R update has been rescheduled to 21 October, ten days before Eternal Weekend
https://twitter.com/MagicEsports/status/1182022924863246336

Update:

We can confirm that, yes! We won’t be making any changes in Vintage at that time due to the proximity of Eternal Weekend.

last edited by thecravenone
    Views