Eternal Weekend North America 2019 - Oct 31-Nov 3 - Pittsburgh, PA

I think this is a more typical setup for bye producing last minute tourneys, outside of ew.

@mike-noble from my own admission of "play as much as possible" your analysis is correct (though I hope I don't get pummeled that much). I guess I just can't rationalize paying $20 to potentially play a single round.

EDIT:
One nit-picking detail about your model, there are only five vintage trials Thursday not seven. So it's $100 for 5-10 rounds (assuming it's impossible to get to round 3 and still register for every event).
Last year had Four 5-round Swiss events, and you could easily register and play in two to their entirety for $60.

last edited by Tittliewinks22

Most people dropped the swiss ones anyone because they were primarily interested in signing up for the next one and earning a bye.

@nedleeds said in Eternal Weekend North America 2019 - Oct 31-Nov 3 - Pittsburgh, PA:

Most people dropped the swiss ones anyone because they were primarily interested in signing up for the next one and earning a bye.

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification.

Vintage 5k was dropped last year, and this year is there side events/Play All Weekend? It appears the side events will be trials on Thursday, and then only draft and Commander...

edit: Ahh, there is a note to check back for complete side event schedule.

last edited by AeonSovarius

The next B&R update has been rescheduled to 21 October, ten days before Eternal Weekend
https://twitter.com/MagicEsports/status/1182022924863246336

Update:

We can confirm that, yes! We won’t be making any changes in Vintage at that time due to the proximity of Eternal Weekend.

last edited by thecravenone
    Views