Eternal Weekend North America 2019 - Oct 31-Nov 3 - Pittsburgh, PA

No scheduling details yet but given the Thursday through Sunday scheduling, it's safe to assume that Vintage Champs will work as in previous years - Day 1 on Friday, Day 2 on Sunday. I'll edit this when more details become available.

Official website is NAEternalWeekend.com.

Hotel block is at the Courtyard Marriot Downtown Pittsburgh [Link to block]

Vintage playmat:

Legacy playmat:

Modern playmat:

last edited by thecravenone

Why is this on Halloween? Seriously WTF!!!

Super pumped. Glad I get to start waffling on deck choice a good 5+ months out.

Interested to see if the EC Old School event will be Thursday or Sunday. I'd personally prefer Thursday, so that I don't have to fly home/take work off on Monday, though I've heard dissenting opinions.

@moorebrother1 said in Eternal Weekend North America 2019 - Oct 31-Nov 3 - Pittsburgh, PA:

Why is this on Halloween? Seriously WTF!!!

Because the venue is cheaper that day. The answer to why any tournament's location or date sucks is because the venue is cheaper that day. See also: GP Bombed Out Costco ("Washington DC") and GP Dead Tourist Town ("Niagara Falls")

The Halloween thing is disappointing. I hate having to choose to skip Halloween with my family to attend this. I'd pay the extra for a better weekend šŸ˜ž

I kind like the idea of a bunch of magic nerds rocking it on halloween. The after party sounds like it will be great!
There should be a best costume prize in addition to budget and top 8.
šŸ‘» šŸ‘» šŸ‘» šŸ‘» šŸ‘» šŸ‘» šŸ‘» šŸ‘» šŸ‘» šŸ‘» šŸ‘» šŸ‘»

last edited by John Cox

Ugggg......Halloween again......

Such a crappy choice for those of us with toddlers.

EW Europe seems to be on Christmas weekend...

Getting ready to book a hotel. Needs to be within walking distance of the convention center. Also looking for some where others are staying that may want to catch some extra games of vintage or old school back in the lobby. Any recommendations?

Need details so I can book my flights šŸ¤”

@desolutionist said in Eternal Weekend North America 2019 - Oct 31-Nov 3 - Pittsburgh, PA:

It's an entire 80 days out and you want details!? What are you, some kinda planner!? /s

Ya Iā€™m flying across the country and have obligations!

I actually messaged Nick directly and he said his events should be wrapping up by 7 pm Sunday.

@thecravenone said in Eternal Weekend North America 2019 - Oct 31-Nov 3 - Pittsburgh, PA:

@desolutionist said in Eternal Weekend North America 2019 - Oct 31-Nov 3 - Pittsburgh, PA:

It's an entire 80 days out and you want details!? What are you, some kinda planner!? /s

Good thing flights get cheaper the closer you get to the date. Also, hotel rooms empty out quickly!

I can't find the previous thread to check but hasn't this been a problem in the past? As I recall last year, they said they'd get the info out something like 30 days in advance and it was like 11:30 ET on the last possible day when it was published.

@nedleeds

The prices actually fluctuate daily. I use an app called Hopper that notifies me when to buy for the best possible price. I should be able to get a round trip from California for $150 total.

Good news, friends! The EW site has been updated!

...with links to last year's coverage and info on trials. Still no scheduling info.

@thecravenone said in Eternal Weekend North America 2019 - Oct 31-Nov 3 - Pittsburgh, PA:

Good news, friends! The EW site has been updated!

...with links to last year's coverage and info on trials. Still no scheduling info.

LOL. I can watch my teammate get fucked by Griselbrand all over again! Man I forgot how I pole armed Joel on camera. Commentators were sure I should play Bob before Null Rod. What a terrible idea that would have been.

Fifty days, friends!

The rumor is now that WotC is preventing CT from putting out info on the event.

Views