Can we expect Time Walk and Time twister with suspend to complete the Power nine ?

Yea discount this all you want but it comes off the top free for bolas's citadel.

Mox amber eventually found a home in modern, i suspect this may as well.

I admittedly don't play many decks with moxen, but this seems like much lower payoff than any of the other things you can do when trick-casting the other costless suspend spells. if you're throwing them in your citadel deck, I feel like 4 more lotuses are in before the first of these.

Does not mean you would not use these too. Ill grant that you want 5 real moxen plus opal before these, and diamond may be a better option for some lists, but this can find a place.

Likely this is a modern card, but just like amber ill bet it finds a home in a list that makes use of its unique abilities along with lotus bloom in a citadel based deck. Or like an open the vaults thing. Notable that it is not legendary like opal or amber.

Obviously you just pitch this to bazaar or find it with Goblin Engineer and Weld it back in. Easy.

Notice how the picture kinda looks like a toilet seat.

still waiting for that 3c T:1 delve

What’s the payoff here?

Yikes the “Mox” brand sure isn’t what it used to be. This card takes the worst part of the original moxen (being a useless topdeck in the late game) and applies it to the early game too. If for some reason you’re in the market for a bunch of mana acceleration several turns in the future, it’s still unclear why you would want this instead of Gilded Lotus or something like Explore.

@evouga said in [MH1] Mox Tantalite:

Yikes the “Mox” brand sure isn’t what it used to be. This card takes the worst part of the original moxen (being a useless topdeck in the late game) and applies it to the early game too.

When Lion's Eye Diamond was printed, it was labeled as the worst rare. And now it is on the restricted list ;). I'm not arguing. Just saying that things look differently in isolation than in combination with other things.

@chronatog LED has an obvious payoff. This does not.

To be fair I would kill for this in Old School, and probably rate it on par with Fellwar Stone and maybe Sol Ring.

last edited by John Cox

If the Citadel is in play, or enters play by the time this Mox resolves, you’re mana flooded anyway.

If the Citadel is not in play, you’re probably losing because you were playing Suspend 3 spells instead of the copious mana acceleration already available in the format...

last edited by evouga

Perhaps this was made for modern...you know, MODERN horizons and all...but I guess we can fault them for not putting this on par with vintage moxen, sure.

Views