Well, it can protect itself with a Mishra's Factory 😛

@john-cox

Ah, of course! It makes much more sense now, thanks! For some reason I was thinking that retrace was another ability. You don't hear a lot of "retraces" these days.

@griselbrother Same, my mind went to Rebound at first.

I am shocked by how much stuff this set has that I'll have to get 4 of. This seems really well positioned in the game right now, so much so that I wonder if stock in Exploration won't go up.

Being able to turn 1 explore (or fastbond obviously) and stripmine into turn 2 dropping this +1ing and stripping again seems back breaking in some matches, and this guy has enough other utility that you can realistically expect to pull off the -1 pretty often.

The -1 being able to kill Narset seems pretty relevant.

This seems fantastic with the usual utility lands: not just Strip Mine/Wasteland but also Factory (which blocks for days), the threshold lands, etc.

If you don't remember Retrace, it does not exile the spell after you cast it from your graveyard. So the ultimate is game-winning with Life from the Loam and pretty much any business spell in the graveyard.

Or Time Walk plus another Wrenn is just Vault Key. And Ancestral plus Retrace is just...wrong. Only thing you can’t do is alternate cost Force or Gush. Still pretty insane.

@chubbyrain another wrenn, or getting to 8 before you emblem.

@chubbyrain said in [MH1] Wrenn and Six:

Or Time Walk plus another Wrenn is just Vault Key. And Ancestral plus Retrace is just...wrong. Only thing you can’t do is alternate cost Force or Gush. Still pretty insane.

Time Walk? Laaame. Let's retrace Smallpox instead hehehe. Seriously though, what a wonderfully broken little card, pushed to the limits but (seemingly) not past.

Obviously the shell has a lot to do with it, but a question to anyone who was playing Lavinia Survival; did you find that Mox Diamond was a huge liability or not? If there are potentially 8 extra forces that kill it does that affect your answer?

I've been testing one Wren and Six in my Oath deck. I am nearly convinced this is what the deck wants to be doing. The card wins games on its own, or can put you in a very strong position. In probably ten games this card has been nothing except really good.

This card is bonkers for RUG decks. There's incentive to play it in a blue deck because Red/Green is already really good for Ancient Grudge. This is a fast card advantage engine with a little bit of utility and a reliable Strip Mine/Wasteland lock -- Dack Fayden accelerates the rate they come up. Wasteland/Strip Mine are really good right now for fighting Bazaar and Workshop. I'm just going over the obvious at this point.

I'm wondering if it can be abused even more? Is there a way to make his "pinging" ability more effective?

@desolutionist said in [MH1] Wrenn and Six:

I'm wondering if it can be abused even more? Is there a way to make his "pinging" ability more effective?

Play lighting bolt with it, now you can zap 4 toughness dorks. But seriously not much comes to mind. The last Jayas effect makes it do 3 but she herself is garbage. You can only squeeze so much out of a 2 mana card and this one is already well above rate.

@desolutionist

Steals 2+ toughness creatures with Dack emblem

I’m already playing Punishing Fire so maybe Barbarian Ring as well could be good .

last edited by desolutionist

Does anyone have a list to share with this card? I am very interested in any competitive list.

@moorebrother1 said in [MH1] Wrenn and Six:

Does anyone have a list to share with this card? I am very interested in any competitive list.

WUBRG by 2015 Vintage World Champion brianpk80

@anonymous that list get several points for style but I do not believe that I can pull that off like the Dragonlord

@anonymous said in [MH1] Wrenn and Six:

WUBRG by 2015 Vintage World Champion brianpk80

This deck is perfect. Why even bother with a basic island in 2019?

last edited by Horvath

@anonymous that list get several points for style but I do not believe that I can pull that off like the Dragonlord

You're trying to be defeatist when in reality his list is just this deck from the week prior with changes based on what he's learned playing it. Don't put decks on a pedestal just because you don't have the pedigree of the pilot.

last edited by Anonymous

@moorebrother1

I went 4-1 in league with the following list but it is not at all tuned and I got lucky:

1 Flooded Strand
3 Force of Will
1 Gush
2 Dack Fayden
1 Library of Alexandria
1 Strip Mine
2 Tropical Island
1 Underground Sea
2 Volcanic Island
1 Dig Through Time
1 Treasure Cruise
1 Repeal