0_1559146585904_f6b65f74-dbc9-4e6c-9c30-32e8c7fbdccf-image.png

I happen to think this is fantastic even if it likely does not have a home.

Giving red access to dredge in modern is scary, and the fact that this can help them get out from under a Narset or something by dredging is pretty cool. Card is strong but in Vintage I'll guess not stronger than ancient grudge.

@protoaddict said in [MH1] Shenangigans:

Card is strong but in Vintage I'll guess not stronger than ancient grudge.

I disagree - one's not stronger than the other, they're just different.

Ancient Grudge:

• Costs 1AB to cast twice
  • Can be cast twice on one turn

Shenanigans:

• May be cast more than twice per game
  • Fuels certain decks

This is an answer to Grafdigger's cage from the graveyard, without having to jump through hoops. For that reason, I will probably play it as a 1 or 2-of.

Dredge 1 isn't particularly good though because its usually just worse than drawing a random card off the top, unless you actually want the card you are dredging back.

What? This is amazing. Now you don't need to play green to have Grudge. Also this is Shatter every turn. Man, they REALLY don't want to restrict Workshops. This is simply incredible.

I agree. I wouldn't think of this as a dredge card, but as an extremely resilient control piece that stops the worst Shops threats while stocking your graveyard for an eventual game-winning Cruise or Dig.

Sorry, Im excited. I'll say that this is, by far, the most broken Artifact hate they have ever printed outside Null Rod effects.

@fsecco I agree, this card seems like a Big Deal. Far more concerning as a shops pilot than Force of Vigor.

@cutlex

Force of Vigor is going to devastate some of the best shop openers. This card will not.

answering cage when grudge doesn't is a huge part of this card. I predict dredge and oath have room for it and others generally don't, at least not if they're in green anyway.

This being a sorcery is a huge point against it in Xeroxy decks. Still a good card, but I think Grudge is likely better.

@vaughnbros Vigor can break openers and this card does not. Instead, it completely dominates the mid/late game at little opportunity cost compared to filling your deck with green spells. I personally am much more afraid of the latter, especially considering its synergy in Oath and Dredge decks.

@thecravenone Shenanigans can be cast twice (or more) in one turn, too. Dredge can replace a card drawn for any reason.

@cutlex

I agree this card is a midrange/late game effect, but its not really that different from the role that Devout Witness used to play for control decks (prior to Revoker/Trike(now ballista) becoming a 4-of in every list). Shops still put up a ton of results during that time because you still need to beat Shops in the early game for mid/late game to even matter.

Yeah, this card seems really good, albeit a bit slow for the initial effect. But it can certainly take over the game.

@vaughnbros True, though I think the shift in Shops decks from more controlling to more aggressive will benefit Shenanigans. With Chalice, Thorn, and Lodestone Golem all restricted it is much rarer these days to be completely unable to make your 2-mana plays.

@stuart said in [MH1] Shenangigans:

This being a sorcery is a huge point against it in Xeroxy decks. Still a good card, but I think Grudge is likely better.

I honestly didn't see it was a sorcery. I don't think it's a huge issue against it, but being a sorcery means it's probably not maindeckable.

@taef said in [MH1] Shenangigans:

@thecravenone Shenanigans can be cast twice (or more) in one turn, too. Dredge can replace a card drawn for any reason.

As soon as I submitted, I realize I should've clarified: Ancient Grudge can be cast twice in one turn without further enabling while Shenanigans can't.

Basically ask yourself: in what matchups would you rather draw Shatter this turn than anything else in your deck?

If so, now you can.

The opportunity cost of playing a card like this “normally” (ie not with the upside previously stated in Dredge or Oath) is playing fewer Shattering Sprees. Unacceptable imo.

last edited by ribby

@cambriel This is right, though I would add: "in what matchups would you rather draw Shatter this turn than anything else in your deck, with the option of also drawing Shatter on any future turn?" And I think the answer is still Shops.

Views