0_1559188190099_d5d49c2a-f052-447e-b4ff-cb4804b576a9-image.png

well, it's a human. and everything else, though im not sure what other tribal decks exist in these colors. counters tendrils, taxes removal and discard. this is definitely playable in something.

I spent an unreasonable amount of time checking if the “Seattle” anagram was present in “Unsettled”.

Feels like a good target for phantasmal images and metamorphs.

I could imagine basically any vial deck in formats that have vial decks running this. Maybe merfolk gets a boost. In vintage this feels like a better sideboard option than a main deck one.

Nah, this effect is way too weak.

Is this a Human? I mean, naming Human with Cavern, the Cavern can’t pay for this correct?

Aside from that, I am thinking of being machine gunned down by a Ballista or wastelanded out of a game. There is a real cost to target anything on the battlefield or the player from your Shops opponent.

I generally play Eldrazi, if this creature was on my side, having this in combination with Thorn effects, my opponents mana gets used up pretty quickly. Turn 1 Thalia, turn 2 this guy; your opponent will have to pay 3 mana to STP your creature. That’s not nothing.

Against Dredge, their therapies target you. If they only have Bazaar, then it gets countered.

Against Oath, Oath targets you .... then they get a Griselbrand. 😬.

Against durdley Blue.dec, Jace Telepath and JTMS can target a creature you control. Bolts and STPs and Probe and Decays all target. However, Decay won’t get countered.

Against PO, the only thing that would target is... Tendrils! Yet another obstacle for the Storm player to remove before going off.

However, I don’t know if the U and W in its casting cost fits into anything directly yet. The U and W make it definitely playable, but there are only so many slots to simply slide this into an existing deck. But wizards in definitely trying to make a UW tribal deck a possibility. Meddling mage, Lavinia, Thalia, THIS, and others are a good start.

@ssasala said in [MH1] Unsettled Mariner:

Is this a Human? I mean, naming Human with Cavern, the Cavern can’t pay for this correct?

It actually can! Changeling cards have all creature types in every zone, so they're always uncounterable if you pay for them with Cavern of Souls.

But wizards in definitely trying to make a UW tribal deck a possibility. Meddling mage, Lavinia, Thalia, THIS, and others are a good start.

The tricky thing is that these all cost two and have mostly the same stats, and this effect seems to be the weakest to me. Of the uses you run down in various matchups, the ones that have a sizable impact are mostly ones where one of those other creatures does something even better (and it's usually Lavinia, so this doesn't even get the benefit of being versatile really).

last edited by craw_advantage
    Views